The Sons vs The Black and Whites

The Moonster

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Third consecutive win. Third consecutive clean sheet. A goal from Carsy. Nice.

It might have been scrappy and unconvincing, second half especially, but a win is all that matters at the end of the day.

All the best to Elgin. They were far, far better than Raith last week, and are very welcome to Greg Morrison when his loan with us is up in January.

A wins a win but we're lucky Elgin were hopeless in the final 3rd. A seriously awful performance from us, particularly in the 2nd half. We'll need to be far better than that next week to pick anything up.

Good to see Carswell get a goal and great to see The Prince make his return. His ability to hold the ball up and take pressure off the midfield is a huge asset.

Special mention to that horrible Golum esque referee. Probably the worst I've seen this season. Zero consistency.

Another special mention to all the old coffin dodgers greetin about the young lads with the drum. f**k off to the Riverside church coffee mornings if you don't like noise and stop complaining to stewards. The drum getting confiscated is an absolute riddy and I hope they are able to sort something with the club to allow it for the next match.

Sometimes the only way to improve the spectacle for the fan is to finish it.

Our consistently best players of late have been dowie, mango & carswell. We should be grateful for that for Elgin would have otherwise beat us today. Pass marks for 5 players tops.

Absolutely brutal. A win is a win but a poor performance and Elgin will be disappointed not to have got something from the tie, they were the hungrier team and on another day might have got a result. Good to see big Nade getting some time at the end, Barr strolled it and Mark Stewart worked his socks off as per usual.

Absolutely disgraceful from power crazy stewards that took the drum off the group of lads up the back of the stand, they were doing absolutely nothing wrong and getting behind the team. The club seem to be doing everything in their power to discourage people to come down to the rock when it should be the opposite. Poor show.

Was it Dumbartons fans with the drum? ffs thats definitely a riddy.

It was indeed.

They had it last week against Raith and it wasn't a problem despite a few of the old fannys moaning amongst themselves about it. This week it was confiscated as a "health and safety" issue.

It's a shame really. It's just a bunch of young lads trying to make a bit of noise, something that's been seriously lacking at our place for a long time.

Yeh, listen atmosphere is something thats fading in a lot of grounds these days. I would personally not be a fan of sitting right beside them but its mental to have them silenced. I'm at a loss as to how a steward has any power to seize anything...

I agree. These guys sit up in the far corner of the stadium and it's not exactly difficult to find another seat away from the noise if you don't like it.

Unfortunately our club is run by out of date old eejits and too many of our supporters are of a similar ilk.

I actually heard one of the old fannys in question moaning at half time about the noise, despite him relentlessly repeating the same shout ("come on now Sons") all game every game.

I know what I'd rather listen to...

Of course that wasn't a great second half! But for once we were professional enough to get through a game where we were viewed as strong favourites. We seen out the game and to be honest, if we were going to have a day not to be at our best, it was today. We are in the next round and our 'keeper had barely anything to do all game - despite us thinking the ball was a hot potato for much of the 2nd half. The wind was also against us after HT which probably made it more difficult.

All the best to Elgin who are a decent side and should do well this season.

We were poor today.

We're not a team that can use possession. We don't have the guys who can take control of things and dictate the flow of the game. We're capable when we're pressing or when we're counter attacking but don't expect us to have a lot of possession and do something with it because we just don't have the players to do that. We had plenty of the ball and we had plenty of chances but our decision making was often poor and our shots were usually off target.

At 1-0 Elgin always had the chance to hit us on the break. It's arguable that they should have had the equaliser in the 2nd half and that it was the stand side post that bailed us out. A better team would have punished us, although with a bit of luck Elgin could have at least taken it to a replay.

As for off the field events, it's a frustration.

We need young fans to go to games. We've got an ageing fan base and if we don't get younger fans going to games then we're in serious trouble. People are entitled to follow the club however they see fit and some people will be uncomfortable being close to a drum. That said, we've got enough space in the ground that it shouldn't be an issue. If you're any more than 5 or 6 seats away from the drum then should your complaint really result in the confiscation of the drum? Not for me. There's a world of difference between being right next to a drum and having it maybe 20ft or more away.

The most disappointing thing is the way that it was dealt with. It was far too heavy-handed. There has to be a sensible compromise that can be made in those kinds of situation and clearly that didn't happen today.  If the drummer and the noisy fans are in the far side block of seats with a gap from the rest of the crowd then common sense has to come into play. Let people know where the area for the drummer/noisy folk will be and if it's causing an issue for some folk then offer them a move to another seat. We've got more than enough space to accommodate that. Make it known that the far side block of seats will be noisy and will have atmosphere and let people make the choice of sitting near them or moving a bit further away.

It's decisions like today's fiasco that will see new fans walk away from the game. Football support is changing and if we can't accommodate that change then younger fans may well simply wonder whats the point in following a game run by increasingly out of touch old men?

I thought it was great that a group of youngsters turned up for the Raith game wi a drum & the odd song, been badly missing from our Home matches.

Anyway, back on topic, just happy to still be in the draw, a bit more clinical & we'd have won handsomely today. A wins a win though.

It was under orders of the chiefexec according to the heider steward. He was quoted as saying "get rid of it". An absolute disgrace of a decision from the heid yin. At a time when the club needs young fans aswell. These guys could have chosen to go to the old firm or whatever and didn't. They've made a conscious decision to take in the Sons games. They should be applauded not hounded. 

The game itself was pish. Hutton is an absolute sloth. Pointing and not actually chasing. C. Gall looks like an amateur player and out his depth completely. I was impressed with our defence for the most part though. 

Credit to the Sons for the pricing. What was the attendance? 

11 minutes ago, the snudge said:

It was under orders of the chiefexec according to the heider steward. He was quoted as saying "get rid of it". An absolute disgrace of a decision from the heid yin. At a time when the club needs young fans aswell. These guys could have chosen to go to the old firm or whatever and didn't. They've made a conscious decision to take in the Sons games. They should be applauded not hounded. 

The game itself was pish. Hutton is an absolute sloth. Pointing and not actually chasing. C. Gall looks like an amateur player and out his depth completely. I was impressed with our defence for the most part though. 

Credit to the Sons for the pricing. What was the attendance? 

The Attendance?

Depends on whether or not Frank Meade was in charge of the calculator, I fear.

Archived