D.A.F.C v G.M.F.C 21/11/17

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

You'll win the league mate. You don't need to worry about how anyone else is getting on.

Appreciate your confidence, but until the league is mathematically impossible to lose, I'll be obsessed with how everyone else is getting on.

One win in our last six league games, with three draws and two defeats. Very poor but hopefully just a bad patch.
edit - Crowd of almost 5k is incredible for Morton at home on a Tuesday night in November.

Crowd of nearly 5k would have been incredible for Morton at home on a Tuesday night in November.... if there was actually anything near the numbers that were claimed in attendance tonight.

4 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

That was some next level pish. Cardle and Clark were a disgrace. Lucky for us Morton were not interested in creating chances.

I’m disappointed we didn’t get anything more than a point tbh. Thought you were there for the taking but we seemed content for the point. 

Got away with the ‘penalty’ incident though. Russell was about 4 yards inside the box and hand balled it, ref said corner lineswoman said free kick :lol: 

Not a great watch, but all things considered the result is fine. Gasparotto the same solid centre back he always was with us in his first spell, pleasantly surprised with Doyle's performance as a wing back.

That penalty claim was abysmal officiating. Never a handball and the referee correctly gave a corner, only to accept the assistant's advice that it was a freekick on the edge of the box when if it had been a foul it was inside the box by about three yards.

Not a chance there were 2000 people in that ground by the way, never mind 4800.

Got away with the ‘penalty’ incident though. Russell was about 4 yards inside the box and hand balled it, ref said corner lineswoman said free kick :lol: 

Absolutely, tho I think the handball call was slightly harsh, his arms weren't that far away from his body. Think finnie didn't want to give anything but with the Lino flagging it felt he had to give something, so gave a free kick, even if he knew the contact was in the box.

13 minutes ago, Scosha said:

I’m disappointed we didn’t get anything more than a point tbh. Thought you were there for the taking but we seemed content for the point. 

If you lot had done your homework you'd have known that we have never been able to handle big Robert Thomson. Him up top with Oliver would have been an easy win for you.

Thought we deserved three points tbh, but it's not as if Morton didn't deserve a point themselves. The most frustrating thing about tonight was the 3 or 4 times our players went sliding on their arse in the space of around 5 minutes during important moments.

We've got to stop including ST numbers in the match attendances, there was nowhere near 4800 there :lol:

Shite game, probably not helped by the weather but FFS if it's a slippy pitch put some long studded boots on. Some of the players looked like they were wearing old Plimsolls from a Primary school's misplaced gym kit box. Morton were pretty good although our tactic of letting players who are good on the ball but can't run the length of themselves (Harkins and Forbes) have as much time and space as possible probably helped. Criminal use (or not) of the subs yet again too. And a 10 minute delay to let a crowd of about 2,500 into a 11,000 seat ground. Which is then reported as 4,800 odds. Scottish fitba at its craziest.

That was one annoying game of football. With even 5% extra effort from either team a win was there for the taking. I think we saw 5th and 6th place tonight unless we sign a fucking midfielder in January who can actually create something.

Totally agree our midfield is far too static and predictable. Shiels may be a great footballer but him and Nat are too easy to shut down offensively. I don't think Splaine is the finished article but at least he goes forward with a bit of menace and pace.

You have to question the signing of Ryan, even though he looks ok. Paton, Shiels and Splaine just arent good enough for playoff level imo.

For all the criticism of Clark I felt he did very well with headers and layoffs tonight.

Not many players with passmarks tonight, even Ashcroft and Talbot had dodgy moments. Joe was shite and Airds deliveries were awful.

Archived