D.A.F.C v G.M.F.C 21/11/17

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems like if we play our 4-4-2 and Higgy and Cardle aren't working effectively we seem a bit slow and ponderous.

I've been impressed with Splaine's running and energy and wonder if we can use him more even though Shiels is probably a better footballer I feel we need more pace in there at times.

Would have liked to have seen Aird and Splaine start yesterday especially as QP were sitting deep. Nat and Shiels are too static.

Coincidently our fortunes turned last season as soon as we got a more mobile midfielder, it's been an issue since Geggan and Falkingham days. It's asking too much in a four to cope with a midfield like Livvy.

Without Quitongo and Tidser still so really struggling to see how we can get anything from this game. 

Don't expect a humping but a very comfortable 2-0 win for the Pars.

Expect  Duffy will either go 3 at the back or O'ware in midfield. Luca won't have came in to sit on the bench and he wont be dropping Lamie or Oware so all 3 will prob start IMO.

Might see this;

Gats

Luca O'Ware Lamie.

Doyle                                                Russell.

Forbes Murdoch Harkins

Oliver  McHugh.

OR

Gats.

Doyle Luca Lamie Russell.

Forbes Murdoch O'Ware Tiffoney

Oliver McHugh.

Would prefer the 442 option as it will give us some pace with Tiffoney and would allow Murdoch to kick on knowing O'ware is behind him.

In saying that, it wont really matter how we line up as we have no hope of getting a result here anyway.

Have to think Smith will start tomorrow since he didn't get on at all on Saturday. Can't see Clark and Ryan as a front two.
Aird playing on the right, with Cardle on the left?

Agree with the poet. Think Ryan and Clark are too similar to play together. Only other option for right midfield is Splaine if Paton still isn't ready but he might be needed in the middle if Wedderburn doesn't make it.

I am going also and skipping  the Champions league hope its worth the trip, sorry to hear Jai and Tids not making it looks like urgent backup is needed.

Will be happy with a 2-2 draw.

Also will help get a trial run at their ticketing system prior to the cup game.

PS Jimmy Boo case off until Weds thanks for the call.

I've made the ridiculous decision to go to this. Expecting nothing but hopefully the two week break has freshened the players up a bit and we make a game of it.

I reckon you e got much more of a chance of taking 1 or 3 points than you think. We had a full strength team against a struggling Queen’s Park and it was far from a walk in the park for most of it. We’re missing two influential players in Higgy and McManus, I’ve no doubt this will be a tight game. Can’t see either team winning by more than a goal.

I don't think cup games against part-timers have a huge bearing on league games. If we learned anything from Saturday it's that trying to get Talbot into shooting positions around the edge of the box on a greasy surface could be a good ploy. 

I don't think cup games against part-timers have a huge bearing on league games. If we learned anything from Saturday it's that trying to get Talbot into shooting positions around the edge of the box on a greasy surface could be a good ploy. 

Only if there’s a fucking scarecrow for a ‘keeper. That should never have gone in :lol:

Archived