Montrose v Queens

Northfield 53

48 minutes ago, MOFOREVER said:

Very honest reports from most Queens fans. Not used to that on the L2 forum which is usually stuffed full by moaners and ranters. There's no doubt Montrose were up for it on the day but after last time Queens were as well which for a 0-0 draw made it a decent cup game. I agree Queens had the few best chances and should have scored in both the first and last minutes. In between times not much was created up front by either side though Mo could and should have scored twice had more players got into the box. Problem for both sides looks to be the lack of sharpness up top but both have build solid back lines which is essential. It was who was going to make the telling mistake rather than who was going to create one and neither happened.

Mo could have done without the replay as well with an important game at Stenny next Saturday then another away game the Saturday after. Provided the players get time off work I think Stewart Petrie will again rotate his squad for the replay. He made several changes for the game on Saturday and I think he'll make changes again on Tuesday.

McFadden looked class while he was on the pitch - why substitute him? Is he not a 90 minuter? Dykes made an impact when he came on, so leave him off next time please.

See you all Tuesday - be a change going to Palmy again after a long, long time.

We didn't think Faddy was a 90 minute player but he somehow lasted 120 minutes the previous weekend. 

He is certainly proving a good few doubters wrong with the amount of minutes he has completed so far. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its a bad miss but he will get over it. He said it bobbled up just as it reached him. There is a pretty good photo of it on the match gallery on the OS.

Think about your pricing for Tuesday night carefully Queens , very carefully.

Don’t spoil the recent good relationship between supporters and the BOD

Keeping it at normal league prices against a 2nd Division side won’t go down well especially after all these recent long and expensive away trips

It could be a fiver and the crowd wouldn't be any better. It could be free and we'd maybe draw an extra 100/200.

I'm expecting the normal price and wouldn't have any complaints tbh.

It’s not necessary about reducing prices to get a bigger crowd it’s about saying thanks to the fans who’ve spent an absolute fortune following Queens already this season

I think a goodwill £12/14 for adults considering it's a game we hadn't budgeted for. It won't have any difference to the crowd though and will be lucky to draw over 1200. 

We won't have budgeted for it but the club will still have costs to cover. It would be a nice gesture but I don't think it should be expected of the club to drop the prices. Am I right in saying the clubs have to agree on the prices or is it different in the Scottish Cup?

21 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

We won't have budgeted for it but the club will still have costs to cover. It would be a nice gesture but I don't think it should be expected of the club to drop the prices. Am I right in saying the clubs have to agree on the prices or is it different in the Scottish Cup?

Edited my original post as talking shite.

Looking at rules, which may not be current, minimum charge up to round 3 is £5 for adults. Clubs have to agree pricing and if they don’t, normal league prices apply.

Just now, Northfield 53 said:
6 hours ago, Flash said:

Yeah, the pitch looks really bobbly.I

It is a 3 G pitch at Montrose hard to see how the pitch would be bobbly .

The prices have to be agreed with Montrose  we can't just charge what we want  

£10 for a adult would be fair but in saying that it will be the same fans who pay whatever it is to get in .

7 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

It is a 3 G pitch at Montrose hard to see how the pitch would be bobbly .

Didn’t think the whoosh from the ball as it sailed over the bar could be surpassed, but you’ve managed it.

17 minutes ago, MOFOREVER said:

Err, on that occasion yes but it's more often been a graveyard for us. If we deliver another gutsy performance on Tuesday night though and maybe ride our luck a bit then we are certainly not out if it.

One of my first few Queens games was a Scottish Cup tie against Montrose.  We scored very late to draw level at 2-2, then won the replay at Montrose 1-3.

It was during the very long spell when the two clubs operated at pretty much the same level.  

It's really important after last season that we don't blow it again in the Scottish Cup this time.

On 19/11/2017 at 11:25, Sloop John B said:

That’s me found a new reaction picture for when someone offers a terrible take on something

4baa798e1c024518fa6ed82e80b6525c.jpg

Aye. In fact the Montrose defender’s reaction would do as well 

9 minutes ago, JessieField said:

Any highlights of this match anywhere?

I've no idea how to link to it but the two main chances of the game (both for us, Lyle failing to make contact with an open goal in 5 mins and Fergusson knocking it over from 5 yards in the 90th) are included at the 13 min mark on the full round highlights which are in the first post on page 19 of the Scottish Cup thread on this forum.

Archived