Montrose v Queens

Northfield 53

1 hour ago, Hawk said:

Will Kerr be allowed to play, or will they not want him cup tied?

Think SD said on another thread that Kane and Kerr won’t be in the squad.

Eta on QoS thread he said Kerr not available. I guess the assumption is that Kane won’t be either.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Stirling should start this game. He brought power and pace to the attack against TNS when he came on. Although I thought James Mcfadden was very good in possession last week as well.  Interesting to see him in the centre of the park where he  did a decent job of dictating the play. Couple of interesting choices to make for selection. 

I think Stirling should start this game. He brought power and pace to the attack against TNS when he came on. Although I thought James Mcfadden was very good in possession last week as well.  Interesting to see him in the centre of the park where he  did a decent job of dictating the play. Couple of interesting choices to make for selection. 

I wouldn't mind seeing McFadden playing just off Dobbie up front. I'd prefer him to Dykes certainly who is very hot or cold just now.

I'm not sure what Stirling has to do to start. I know he can be quiet in games but no more so than Murray. When he gets the ball he looks to take players on though.

McFadden was able to influence the game far more in the middle of the park. It’s no coincidence that his best game for us was also the game he saw more of the ball than his previous appearances. I’d be happy enough for him to play more centrally in this one just behind Dobbie, with Jacobs and Rankin doing his running for him in behind. Stirling definitely did enough to earn a start so I’d put him on one wing. It’s a toss of a coin over who to play on the other between Dykes and Murray.

Really vital we win this one.

Having McFadden playing wide is daft imo. He doesn’t have the energy or pace to get up and down the pitch. He should play in a more central forward area with limited defensive duties. Apart from being not that good at tracking back, playing him in an advanced, central position will give him more opportunities to shoot.

Agree that Stirling should start. I appreciate Murray is a youngster just starting out, but haven’t really seen anything from him to justify him starting. Dykes in a wide area isn’t great either. But at least he is harder to brush aside.

On 16/11/2017 at 17:38, Flash said:

Think SD said on another thread that Kane and Kerr won’t be in the squad.

Eta on QoS thread he said Kerr not available. I guess the assumption is that Kane won’t be either.

Confirmed on QOS site that Kerr and Kane won`t feature. Carmichael still injured according to same article.

Links Park Link

Intriguing match tomorrow considering the Irn-Bru Cup tie which occurred a few weeks ago. 

Queens coming in to the game looking to not lose a second cup tie within a week while Montrose will take confidence from the previous encounter and their encouraging start this season. 

Here is a preview on my website of tomorrow's game, with Gary Naysmith, transcribed from QOSTV's YouTube video. 

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/11/17/queen-of-the-south-looking-to-avoid-second-cup-defeat-in-six-days-as-the-prepare-to-travel-to-montrose-in-the-william-hill-scottish-cup/

Hopefully the Doonhamers can make easier work of this tie than the last match up here.  A good run in the "big"  Cup not only offers the potential of some good pay days,  some of which would hopefully be used to attract some players in January,  also the  increased publicity to boost the club's profile,   but could also encourage some floating or swithering fans to come along to games.  I think we'll get the job done here without the need of a replay. 

Played 9 cup games this season. The 90 minute results are Won 3 Drawn 6.

Wins over Stenny, Airdrie and Berwick.

Draws with Accies, Albion Rovers, East Kilbride, TNS and Montrose x 2.

1 win in ET, 1 replay, 3 defeats on pens, 1 win on pens in a dead rubber.

1 minute ago, Flash said:

Equates to being shite!

That’s interesting

Archived