Greatest Comebacks

HibeeJibee

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlton_Athletic_F.C._7–6_Huddersfield_Town_A.F.C.

The match is remembered over 50 years later, and was chosen by The Observer in 2001 as the sole football representative in its list of the 10 greatest comebacks of all time in any sport, calling this match "the most remarkable comeback in football history"

3 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Almost an incredible comeback in North Caledonian League today. Trailing 0-6 with 15mins left it finished Halkirk 5-6 Alness.

Anyone know the best comebacks in first-class football: by margin, or goals in "quick succession"?

Cowden fans all enjoyed our  late 4 goal comeback against Stirling Albion at Stirling after trailing 3  - 0.  I think the video may still be somewhere on P & B: maybe some Blue Brazilian can dig it up.   :thumsup2 

Hibs Falkirk in the 2013 Scottish Cup semi is the best one I have ever been back. 3 nil down at half time and looked dead and buried. 4-3 after extra time. Thought Alex Harris was gonna be the next big thing after that... 

Then there was the 6-6 game against Motherwell. Couldn't make it as I was working. Dodged a bullet there. 

Going back a long time Dunfermline coming back from being 0-4 down from the 1st leg in the 62/63 Fairs Cup against Valencia to win 6-2 (6-6 on aggregate) in the days before away goals. They lost the play-off though. There is a clip of this game on YouTube.

10 hours ago, Eednud said:

Going back a long time Dunfermline coming back from being 0-4 down from the 1st leg in the 62/63 Fairs Cup against Valencia to win 6-2 (6-6 on aggregate) in the days before away goals. They lost the play-off though. There is a clip of this game on YouTube.

You mean "in the days before away goals counted double in the event of an aggregate draw"...8)

11 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

You mean "in the days before away goals counted double in the event of an aggregate draw"...8)

I certainly did. Must have been the shock that I can actually remember watching the highlights of the game on Scotsport. Might as well post this . 

Archived