Rovers 0-2 Alloa

10 hours ago, AlloaAdam said:

Would say fortunate is a little harsh, Fleming was a good move as i wouldn’t say he was forced into moving him back to DM, he could’ve quite easily kept him further up the park. Do agree that if East Fife hadn’t gifted us the win then we may not have done as well as we have in the last few games as confidence has been much higher after that win.

We’re on a run of good form and its important that we keep it going with three tough games coming up in the league.

It might be a bit harsh, but he didn't sign Fleming to play him DM and the reason he ended up there was that he wasn't contributing much in the positions he had been signed to play.  You could argue that was good management, finding a productive role for someone who wasn't bringing much to the team. But I still think it's fair enough to say that the way the team has been set up the last few games wasn't part of any master plan, it was a makeshift solution that has worked (with a fair bit of luck too). If it continues to work then all good.

It might be a bit harsh, but he didn't sign Fleming to play him DM and the reason he ended up there was that he wasn't contributing much in the positions he had been signed to play.  You could argue that was good management, finding a productive role for someone who wasn't bringing much to the team. But I still think it's fair enough to say that the way the team has been set up the last few games wasn't part of any master plan, it was a makeshift solution that has worked (with a fair bit of luck too). If it continues to work then all good.

You're a tough judge, Waspie. [emoji6]

I can understand that view and there has definitely been an element of good fortune about the way the injury situation has worked out.

I think Jim deserves credit for sticking with the team after the EF game when he must gave been tempted to bring Meggat back in. Of the three changes Taggart has been the most surprising and most effective for me - an attacking full back who can he a bit dodgy defensively slotting into centre back like he's always played there.

The great thing about our last 4 wins is the fact that we have come up against 'out of form' teams and taken full points.

How many times in the past have we raised our game against 'better' opposition and left empty handed?

We still have to beat the team we face up against, and whether it be by fortune or brilliance, they still have to win.

And I am sure that Jim isn't the only manager who has had enforced changes that on paper looked dreadful and fate dealt him a winning hand.

Archived