Cowdenbeath vs Elgin

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched Saturday's highlights. f**k me, what a gang. I don't really know why you're complaining about the ref given he could have quite easily sent your boy off for the ridiculous elbow, but it's hardly as if yous were going to get anything out of it anyway. I've never seen a team look more disinterested. The 3 players that get caught out in midfield as Elgin launch the counter for their 3rd goal should take up stock car racing for fucksake.

36 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Amazing you've went from Locke to Brown to Bollan in what, 4 and a bit months? Hopefully this means a bit of stability.

On Kelty though, someone mentioned about them owning their own ground etc - AFAIK it's still owned by Fife Council?

Fife Council do own the ground.

1 hour ago, skinny said:

Having watched the highlights, the Cowden goal is a bit odd, I assume the guy who scored had gone off to retrieve the ball for the Elgin throw, and it looks like the Elgin players got caught out by him coming back on the park where he did. Well taken goal in any case. Still think it should have been red for the foul on Strapp!

It was either a straight red, or nothing at all. How on earth it could be a yellow is beyond me. What was the ref thinking? Is he saying it was accidental, but as he was hurt then Garden deserves a token booking? I thought it was accidental at the time.

As promised, here is my post-match interview with John Ovenstone following the Elgin match on Saturday:
https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/11/13/ovenstone-rages-after-mullen-sending-off/

Quite an embarrassing one for Ovenstone, that. Given that Mullen was about 5 yards away from the referee, and looking at him when he shouted, there surely can't be any complaint from Cowdenbeath.

Reilly's goals are getting ridiculous.

1 hour ago, WeAreElgin said:

Quite an embarrassing one for Ovenstone, that. Given that Mullen was about 5 yards away from the referee, and looking at him when he shouted, there surely can't be any complaint from Cowdenbeath.

Reilly's goals are getting ridiculous.

Mullen wasn't looking at the ref, he was close to him but that's irrelevant. Although he wasn't far away from us we couldn't hear what was said. He had miscontroled the ball and put it out for an Elgin throw in. He more than likely did swear but no reason to direct it at the ref.

Players were swearing all game I could McGurn swearing and he was about 60 yds away.

1 hour ago, PELE said:

It was either a straight red, or nothing at all. How on earth it could be a yellow is beyond me. What was the ref thinking? Is he saying it was accidental, but as he was hurt then Garden deserves a token booking? I thought it was accidental at the time.

Wasn't even a foul.

Mullen clearly said "f**k off" quite angrily.

Hard to say if it was at the ref, at the decision or just general frustration but seems the ref made his mind up that he had had enough - he had been getting plenty stick from cowden players all through the game.

3 minutes ago, wulliemc said:

Mullen clearly said "f**k off" quite angrily.

Hard to say if it was at the ref, at the decision or just general frustration but seems the ref made his mind up that he had had enough - he had been getting plenty stick from cowden players all through the game.

Looked to me like he messed up and swore. Almost all players do that. It's not like he was pulled up for an offence and said something to the ref. He had  just put the ball out of play.

The ref had quite rightly been getting stick from the Cowden players. The Elgin players had no reason to complain.

14 hours ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

Just watched Saturday's highlights. f**k me, what a gang. I don't really know why you're complaining about the ref given he could have quite easily sent your boy off for the ridiculous elbow, but it's hardly as if yous were going to get anything out of it anyway. I've never seen a team look more disinterested. The 3 players that get caught out in midfield as Elgin launch the counter for their 3rd goal should take up stock car racing for fucksake.

True story. Some of the general play and body language is shocking. I cant have sympathy for some of the players but its clear they are needing certain individuals around them in a team and thats where Bollan has to come in and shake it up. I dont think he will take the way some players fold during games or switch off.

Its a joke and its down to lack of discipline throughout the team.Poor management IMO

Archived