Cowdenbeath vs Elgin

2 hours ago, roberts said:

Good highlights. Pity we didn't have our own.

Having watched this several times now I'm convinced that the injury to the Elgin player was an accident. Considering what followed it's a wonder that the ref never sent off two or three Cowden players.

And what was up with Elgin keeper? he never stopped pestering the ref.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, gordon9736 said:

I appreciate that the highlights will be biased towards us, but damn!, we could easily have score another 4 or 5. McGurn made a number of good saves.

Highlights looked fair enough and balanced to me as you say McGurn saved us from a potential hiding!

6 hours ago, gordon9736 said:

I appreciate that the highlights will be biased towards us, but damn!, we could easily have score another 4 or 5. McGurn made a number of good saves.

you must have had at least 10 really clear opportunities so 5-1 would not have flattered you.

8 hours ago, dafcburty said:

As promised, here is my post-match interview with John Ovenstone following the Elgin match on Saturday:

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/11/13/ovenstone-rages-after-mullen-sending-off/

im sure your interview is good but i cant bring myself to listen to anyone who would give Josh Morris 90 mins while taking off  far better players around him.  clueless is my considered opinion.

55 minutes ago, big al said:

im sure your interview is good but i cant bring myself to listen to anyone who would give Josh Morris 90 mins while taking off  far better players around him.  clueless is my considered opinion.

Poorest player I’ve seen in a Cowden shirt. Anyone could tell from his first game that he wasn’t a footballer, Not at this level anyway.

1 minute ago, iateallthepies said:

Wow, poor old Morris is really copping it. Worst ever?He put in a good cross in the first half and in the second half twice lost his marker to get a header then a shot on target. He's nothing special but he is quick  and his scoring record suggests he can put chances away.

Seems like he's the "new CJ" on here,

1 minute ago, Blueminer said:

He will improve when he moves to another club then!

I was going to say that BM:lol:

I think that injury in the closed door game with the Pars set the boy back to be fair. None of the forwards have exactly had good service this season to get much chances on goal.

1 hour ago, iateallthepies said:

Wow, poor old Morris is really copping it. Worst ever?He put in a good cross in the first half and in the second half twice lost his marker to get a header then a shot on target. He's nothing special but he is quick  and his scoring record suggests he can put chances away.

He is quite fast so he will always leave some defenders behind but being able to run fast doesn’t make a footballer.

Have another look at his “shot” and “header”. I despair.

30 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

He is quite fast so he will always leave some defenders behind but being able to run fast doesn’t make a footballer.

Have another look at his “shot” and “header”. I despair.

Sadly, being fast is deemed more important than having skill by the fuds who run our game nowadays.

10 hours ago, iateallthepies said:

Where is he actually fast about?? I aint seen his "pace". pace is a huge asset when played in the right way e.g dale carrick last season..I think garden is quicker than morris.

Morris has a terrible first touch. His positional play outside the box is poor. Poor in the air and thus far he cannot put chances away. He doesnt use his body well when backing in or a defender is pressing him. Really poor player sadly. 

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:52, The_Pit_Owns said:

Gavin Ross is the worst referee we've had - we've never won a game when he has been in charge.

He was the referee that gave Montrose the penalty in the last minute at Links Park last season then gave Edinburgh a penalty and sent Fraser Mullen off in the 2-1 defeat at Central Park.

The season before, he sent off Declan Hughes against Stranraer and gave them a last minute penalty. He then sent Dean Brett off the following month against Brechin.

He's genuinely the worst referee in Scotland. After the soft penalty he gave against you guys, he sent Gary Fraser off for celebrating with a bunch of kids behind the goals having just scored what turned out to be the winner from the penalty spot. Loads of other ridiculous decisions too.

Having watched the highlights, the Cowden goal is a bit odd, I assume the guy who scored had gone off to retrieve the ball for the Elgin throw, and it looks like the Elgin players got caught out by him coming back on the park where he did. Well taken goal in any case. Still think it should have been red for the foul on Strapp!

Archived