Marvel Punisher

54_and_counting

Watched the first three and it's excellent!!!

Really going for the tortured soul vibe and it's working, not a line I would normally follow but it's juxtaposition from that to the ultra violence really works!!!

It's up there with Daredevil!!!

When's Coulson going to appear in these Netflix things???

finished it, enjoyed it as much as DD and JJ, castle was a superbly written character, portrayed brilliantly by bernthal

the violence in the final 3 episodes was up there with some of the best ive seen on TV, it never once felt forced or out of place, infact you would have been disappointed if the level wasnt there for they episodes

The way the series went was superb as well, castle struggling with his past, his experiences etc, all torturing him, then at the end when he comes to accept what he done, his demons, and became the punisher that we were all waiting on, man it was good

my only concern is where do they take it from here, if they do another series i wonder what they will do, castle isnt a killer for killing sake, he had a reason, a pretty damn good one, and once that reason was done he chucked it TWICE, its not like he could team up with the defenders, his style is well out of place from them, and if they bring Russo back as his enemy in the next one it would lose impact given castle already smashed his face in literally

hopefully they find a way to do another season though, great character that we need to see more of

8 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

finished it, enjoyed it as much as DD and JJ, castle was a superbly written character, portrayed brilliantly by bernthal

Reveal hidden contents

the violence in the final 3 episodes was up there with some of the best ive seen on TV, it never once felt forced or out of place, infact you would have been disappointed if the level wasnt there for they episodes

The way the series went was superb as well, castle struggling with his past, his experiences etc, all torturing him, then at the end when he comes to accept what he done, his demons, and became the punisher that we were all waiting on, man it was good

my only concern is where do they take it from here, if they do another series i wonder what they will do, castle isnt a killer for killing sake, he had a reason, a pretty damn good one, and once that reason was done he chucked it TWICE, its not like he could team up with the defenders, his style is well out of place from them, and if they bring Russo back as his enemy in the next one it would lose impact given castle already smashed his face in literally

hopefully they find a way to do another season though, great character that we need to see more of

Jigsaw

After the punishers appearance on daredevil I had high hopes for this and while it's been ok, I've found it a bit underwhelming at times. 

Nearly finished it so need to find something else on Netflix to watch.

• 2 weeks later...

Very enjoyable and a welcome return to form for Netflix Marvels series after a lot of disappointment recently. Never been a great fan of the comics but thought they did a good job of conveying the trauma some soldiers have when they return from conflict zones, albeit on a more hyped up level.

In terms of the order of success I'd go for: Jessica Jones, The Punisher, Daredevil season 1, the first half of Daredevil season 2, The Defenders, Luke Cage, The second half of Daredevil Season 2 and last and most certainly least Iron Fist.

Just finished it there. I reckon it is probably the best of the marvel netflix series or at least a close second to the first Daredevil and maybe the only one that doesn't run out of steam a bit as you go through. Defenders did nothing for me at all and Iron Fist was pish so it's a welcome return to form.

I agree that they set Frank up as a man reluctantly brought back into a war to murder everyone who has ever met anyone who has heard of his families murder and now that they're all gone they'd need to come up with an amazing story to justify a second series.

That said, I loved it and would happily watch another 13 episodes right now.

My hierarchy

Daredevil 1

The Punisher

Jessica Jones

Luke Cage (I know it gets poor after Cottonmouth dies)

Daredevil 2

Defenders

Iron Fist