Marvel Punisher

54_and_counting

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished this and after a slow start, really came good! Jon Bernthal was born for this role tbf.

Probably top 3 or 4 of the Marvel series, only beaten by the two seasons for Daredevil and Jessica Jones. 

• 2 weeks later...

Loved this. Very close second place for me in the Marvel shows, behind Jessica Jones (when the hell are we getting season 2 of that btw?)

The violence was tremendous and brutal yet never seemed over the top. Always seemed appropriate or at least understable rather than gore for the sake of gore.

Thought it could maybe have done with fewer episodes but then again, I've felt that way about all of them.

Will be very interesting to see how they deal with season 2 as my impression in the second last episode was that this would be a one series thing but the finale clearly had different ideas. Presumably Russo is now Jigsaw? Think they've totally changed his comic back story but will be good to see an actual comic book villain face off with Castle.

Edit: bonus point for whoever can spot the entirely accidental pun in the last paragraph.....

16 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Loved this. Very close second place for me in the Marvel shows, behind Jessica Jones (when the hell are we getting season 2 of that btw?)

Season 2 is out 8th march by the looks of it.

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/jessica-jones-season-2/39301/jessica-jones-season-2-news

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I finished this last night and I loved most of it. The scene on the merry go round in the final episode pissed me off though as it was  ripped off of an episode of Mob City, which also starred Jon Bernthal. It was weird watching the same actor play out a similar scene in two different shows.

No idea what you're talking about, no similarities at all.....

YaDaxrQ1pmE6Ey1hfVVe7KKA4aZdSZldzxH3nrD-

Unfortunately coincidental surely as Frank's family were topped off on the carousel in the comics, although I'm sure I've read one where they were gunned down while on a picnic in a park!!!

3 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Unfortunately coincidental surely as Frank's family were topped off on the carousel in the comics, although I'm sure I've read one where they were gunned down while on a picnic in a park!!!

Im sure it was actually in Daredevil where he said his family were killed during a picnic

7 hours ago, honestly united said:

Im sure it was actually in Daredevil where he said his family were killed during a picnic

11 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Im sure in a flashback they are effectively having a picnic at a table next to the carousel, russo was there as well, so both kinda correct lol

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...