Talbot returf

sweep

Heard that Talbot are returfing  some of the park. I do not know what size it is but the 18 yard box next to clubhouse looked poor last week against Beith although the rest of the pitch looked good for the amount of rain that had fallen.

Due to having played 3 home games in the last 3 weeks following very poor weather conditions on each occasion the decision was taken to carry out remedial work on the goal area at the Clubhouse end. This involved lifting the existing surface, carrying out new drainage work, returfing with a heavy turf and today vertidraining. The Club wishes to thank our Sponsors, Proturfcare, and our Groundstaff for all their efforts and invaluable work to provide an excellent playing surface.

12 minutes ago, fan of the juniors said:

Not an expert on ground care but surely it will need a bit of time to knit into the ground? I’m sure we all remember the mess Hampden was a couple seasons ago when they tried it before a big final

I believe that if you do it properly you can play on it in forty eight hours.

An area inside the six yard box exactly where the goalie would stand, at one of the goals, started to get churned up after three games in a row played in very wet  conditions, the 18 yard box looked fine to me as did the rest of the pitch which, given the torrential nature of the weather hardly cut up at all. Good to see the club getting the issue resolved and brilliant to get games on in such extreme weather, although it would be good to get some dry days to watch a game.

Archived