Alex Salmond show on Russia Today

Colkitto

If tomorrow Alex Salmond announced he was devoting the rest of his life to finding a cure for cancer and eradicating child poverty worldwide, he would still generate a massive amount of seethe from the Scottish media and sections of the public.

It is what it is. Joking aside, I'm certainly not a supporter of Putin or the way he treats journalists or LGBTQ people. Incidentally, there are many regimes around the world where we turn a blind eye to this in order to do business with them and call them allies. We've just seen a minister resigning for getting up to some pretty cretinous behaviour in the Middle East.

Salmond is retired from frontline politics, he can pretty much do what the f**k he wants. However, I can't recall the same clutching of pearls and concern trolling by the Scottish media when a string of Conservative and Labour MP's lined up to appear on RT.

I understand that the show will be produced by Salmond's own company and is merely broadcast on RT. Perhaps those who are most vocal and critical of this should perhaps wait to see what the content of the show is before passing judgement.

On newsnight last night the "interview" with Alex was simply an attack on him by uberestablishment shill Kirsty Wark. He tried to suggest that the bbc could have offered him a show, but it wouldn't fit their agenda, but she quickly cut him off. Her seething was enormous, and her head was totally gone

50 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

If tomorrow Alex Salmond announced he was devoting the rest of his life to finding a cure for cancer and eradicating child poverty worldwide, he would still generate a massive amount of seethe from the Scottish media and sections of the public.

The arrogance of the man! Sturgeon will be beelin', etc, yes.

The headline:  Nicola Sturgeon has condemned Alex Salmond's chatshow on Russian TV

The quote: "I am sure Alex’s show will make interesting viewing – however,  his choice of channel would not have been my choice. "

The seethe: permanent.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/15653699.SNP_distances_itself_from_Alex_Salmond_s_chatshow_on_Russian_TV/?ref=twtrec

He should have just launched a youtube channel, would have generated a decent following that way.

Might cause some good seethe or banter or whatever but it's a bit of a shite thing to do. Credibility shot.

No, that's what you think I've done wrong and I clearly asked what he's done wrong. 

I personally don't think he should be touching RT with a bargepole - they have an agenda - Salmond thinks he is using them but they, as their wont, will use this for their own propaganda reasons. 

Also given Salmond's previous comments regards Putin it just gives grist to the mill that Salmond is an apologist for Putin.

Sturgeon herself has said that she would have advised him not to do it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-41941359 

9 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I personally don't think he should be touching RT with a bargepole - they have an agenda - Salmond thinks he is using them but they, as their wont, will use this for their own propaganda reasons. 

Also given Salmond's previous comments regards Putin it just gives grist to the mill that Salmond is an apologist for Putin.

Sturgeon herself has said that she would have advised him not to do it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-41941359 

What examples of their own propaganda do you have?  Or are you just repeating what you've heard from our own propagandists? Genuine question. Also, if you think the BBC doesn't have an agenda you are "a fool or deluded".

Salmond's comments about Putin were put through the lense of the UK's own propagandists and he's complained about that already. 

Sturgeon herself said she wouldn't have chosen that channel but Salmond isn't an MP or MSP so she hasn't much say.