Players worth a look at

On 15/01/2018 at 18:02, AllySloan said:

Anyone think McKenna of Aberdeen should be given a chance at centre-half?

Strange cause I'm an Ayr supporter and last season he didn't play much for us on loan.

Now Aberdeen are rejecting bids for him, gotta be worth a shout surely?

Hopefully not. Obscenely limited and his skill range is entirely "win headers" related. 

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hopefully not. Obscenely limited and his skill range is entirely "win headers" related. 

Think McKenna must have shagged yer bird mate the way you hate him. 2 threads I've seen you on slating him, minter.
Goes to show when nearly everyone on here dismisses your view of him as stupid.

Barry Douglas turns 29 this year and is nowhere close to Tierney and Robertson. None of us have any clue how he's done abroad before joining Wolves, and I'm not sure judging him in five months at a team signing top flight players while in the second tier, is a great idea. 

Barry Douglas turns 29 this year and is nowhere close to Tierney and Robertson. None of us have any clue how he's done abroad before joining Wolves, and I'm not sure judging him in five months at a team signing top flight players while in the second tier, is a great idea. 

Played 34 games in Turkish super liga last season which is a much higher standard than spl. Championship is also higher standard than spl and wolves probably will be in premier next season. Watching him this season he has been very good obviously not as good as Robertson and Tierney but would have him in the squad as could be an option at left back or left midfield . Also don’t think we should discard him because he’s 29 this year. We tend to discard players to early with scotland. the likes of Paul Hartley made his debut late at 27/28 and he had an excellent euro 2008 qualifying campaign.

20 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Is he better than Robertson and Tierney?

Definitely worth a shot further forward I'd say even if he wasn't first choice left back.

Even if Robertson was unavailable I'd have Douglas at wing back/full back and Tierney inside depending on what formation we were playing.

19 hours ago, skippy2015 said:

Played 34 games in Turkish super liga last season which is a much higher standard than spl. Championship is also higher standard than spl and wolves probably will be in premier next season. Watching him this season he has been very good obviously not as good as Robertson and Tierney but would have him in the squad as could be an option at left back or left midfield . Also don’t think we should discard him because he’s 29 this year. We tend to discard players to early with scotland. the likes of Paul Hartley made his debut late at 27/28 and he had an excellent euro 2008 qualifying campaign.

Didn't he win the Polish League too?

On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 18:10, skippy2015 said:

Exactly this, cant believe he's not been capped before now.

Think he's injured.  Douglas should be third choice lb now and totally agree he could be useful at LM. 

Surely with Calum Patterson to play at RB, Robertson and Tierney could play the left side one at LB the other LM

Archived