Players worth a look at

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Liam Lindsay being looked at by 3 EPL clubs apparently (according to Record Sport). 

21 years old, 6' 4" centre back, goal threat, doing pretty well in the Championship.

Exasperates me every time I remember we played Mulgrew and Berra in that Holland game.

6 hours ago, kanyewestbank said:

Any chance of having that in English ?

CMB is a regular poster here. It's kind of an unwritten rule not to be rude  about the way he writes. I'll make it a written one though, just to avoid ambiguity. Don't be rude about the way the man writes. Try and figure out the meaning of his posts. if you can't discern it then find a polite way of asking for clarity. This task has been made easier for you by the fact that others have seemingly understood what CMB meant in his initial post and carried on with the discussion. The fact that you've chosen to pretend not to understand the gist of the original message in an effort to make someone with literacy challenges feel bad about it (I imagine that's not an entirely novel experience for him) is poor form from you. Have a word.

"In an effort to make someone with literacy challenges feel bad about it "  What a load of smug self satisfied tosh
 I asked for clarity ,albeit in a casual manner
As for literacy challenges,he supports Kilmarnock,so assumed it was the way he was taught at school
You need to step down from the moral high ground you mistakenly think you occupy.

Pretty sure he's deaf, so he types how he signs or something along those lines.

It's pretty easy to make out what he's meaning.

On 29/11/2017 at 13:41, Gordopolis said:

Liam Lindsay being looked at by 3 EPL clubs apparently (according to Record Sport). 

21 years old, 6' 4" centre back, goal threat, doing pretty well in the Championship.

Exasperates me every time I remember we played Mulgrew and Berra in that Holland game.

Now now Gordon you forget he's not eligible until he's 25/6

I was more exasperated at Hanlon's inclusion in the squad for Holland at the expense of Lindsay, but then again that squad seemed to be put together to attract fans of certain clubs rather than to genuinely blood future caps. 

Hopefully the new manager (Paul Lambert, priobably) will put this right.

On a purely selfish note I heard that the deal that took LL to Barnsley included a Scotland cap clause which would see more money coming our way if he is capped/has a certain number of caps for Scotland.

I was more exasperated at Hanlon's inclusion in the squad for Holland at the expense of Lindsay, but then again that squad seemed to be put together to attract fans of certain clubs rather than to genuinely blood future caps. 
Hopefully the new manager (Paul Lambert, priobably) will put this right.
On a purely selfish note I heard that the deal that took LL to Barnsley included a Scotland cap clause which would see more money coming our way if he is capped/has a certain number of caps for Scotland.

Lindsay has said on a few occasions he moved south to get a chance at a Scotland callup.
Just made myself raging again thinking about it.

Lindsay has said on a few occasions he moved south to get a chance at a Scotland callup.
Just made myself raging again thinking about it.

It's a shambles, the fact Lambert came out and said he doesn't watch Scottish football outwith Old Firm games should rule him out entirely

I genuinely think that Burke is a donkey. I hope I'm wrong, but he seems to be a superb athlete with little in the way of a footballing brain. McGregor is a Scotland player and I reckon he'll be a mainstay. Gauld is a funny one as he was going well until Sporting pulled the plug on his time at Setubal. He doesn't seem to be getting much in the way of game time at the moment and I feel he may have to get a move in the summer before his career really stalls.

Lindsay is a player though. Him beside Tierney would be a dream combo.

Archived