The "Stupid Questions You Have Been Asked" thread

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

If you asked a number of Scottish people what language people spoke in Argentina, Brazil and Mexico what do you think the answers would be?  

All three of those nations main language is actually Welsh. Not many people know this.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Continuing the stupid Yank/North American questions;

My boss asked me two years running "how are you celebrating St Patrick's day this year?" Both years I answered flatly "I don't"

She also asked me if I "could do a good British accent?"

The worst question I get when people find out I'm Scottish is "So Celtic or Rangers?"

If Buffalo, New York someone asked me if there were black people in Canada

7 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

People seem genuinely surprised that there are other football teams in Scotland.

Certainly with Morris Dancers, I like to turn it around and ask if they're Man City or Chelsea supporters if asked if I support Rangers or Celtic.  England is full of guys from Exeter (for example) who support Man U or Arsenal too.

Just now, chomp my root said:

Certainly with Morris Dancers, I like to turn it around and ask if they're Man City or Chelsea supporters if asked if I support Rangers or Celtic.  England is full of guys from Exeter (for example) who support Man U or Arsenal too.

Who do they think Rangers or Celtic play when they aren't playing each other? In fact, the MOTD Facebook page (at least when I was last on FB, which was ages ago) was full of Liverpool fans from Portsmouth who seemed to genuinely think the Scottish league is an amateur league because they have not heard of any of the other teams.

I remember when I was younger, we went on the annual Scottish pilgrimage to Blackpool. My parents must have done well that year, the B&B had a pool table.

Anyway, I was playing pool with a kid from Manchester, about my age so I'm guessing 13 maybe.

We were chatting about random crap and he asked where I was from, "Edinburgh" I answered. He said "where's that" so I informed him it was in Scotland. He looked like I was speaking a different language and then said "so did you get a boat here then?"

I don't know what they teach kids in Manchester, but come on.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Archived