Upgraded Consoles

spud131

With the Ps Pro and now the Xbox One X now out. Just wondering has anyone upgraded their original ps4 or Xbox one to one of the newer versions? Is there much difference?

Have had a look at a few (4k) YouTube videos however have to say any difference in graphics quality appeared fairly minimal.

I've got a one of the first PS4s and a Pro as well. My reasons for buying the Pro weren't really to do with the better graphics, although some games cleary do look better. I bought the Pro for the extra hard drive space, the fan on the original was getting a bit loud and I wanted to put a console in my sons room. I admit, fairly flimsy reasons to justify spending £350 on a console that I already owned.

My suggestion is that if you want to buy a PS4, get the Pro if you have a 4k TV or Slim if its just a normal HDTV.

I thought my current PS4 had given up and planned on buying a pro to replace it, but it (fortunately/unfortunately) pulled through.  Not sure there's any other reason I would pick one up to be honest, more interested in getting a Switch.

On 09/11/2017 at 09:30, forameus said:

I thought my current PS4 had given up and planned on buying a pro to replace it, but it (fortunately/unfortunately) pulled through.  Not sure there's any other reason I would pick one up to be honest, more interested in getting a Switch.

Agreed. I've not had my PS4 on in about 4 or 5 weeks now. I'm actually thinking of selling/trading for a switch just for something a bit different. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still unsure if it was worth upgrading to the pro. 

Some games look/run better on it.  Fallout 4 and Horizon ZD being the main two I've noticed any major difference on and I do have more hard drive space but my wallet still isn't happy I spent £200 on effectively the same console just so my 4K TV can justify it's existence.

Archived