Inbhir Nis v An Eaglais Bhreac

RiG

Football is pretty much a simple game, you either defend or attack to ur strengths 

4-2-3-1 does neither for us.....

I know Smith isn't the answer but he did apply play to our strengths in both attack and defence...

We were average first half and shite the 2nd, whereas Inverness were average both halfs

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably a deserved win for us in the end after a pretty shaky first half performance. Considering the good defensive run we had been on recently it was quite surprising to see us looking pretty porous at the back for much of the first half with quite a few desperate tackles and scrambles throughout. Second half was much better, looked a lot more resolute defensively and had a much easier time of it after going a goal up as Falkirk started chasing the game a bit more which left gaps at the back. 

Well taken goal by Bell. I think the cross from the right was flicked up by either a Falkirk defender or perhaps Baird and it was a lovely shot lashed across goal into the net from the wee man after taking some time to steady himself. Probably should have added to our lead but for some wasteful play which on a fair few occasions saw a poor choice of final ball costing us a good chance to get a second.

Raven and Tremarco did well for us and Vigurs was really good up until he took a knock in the second half. Polworth was a bizarre mixture of really good support from midfield but also some very poor passing choices and almost trying to do too much and beat several men. He seemed to get a lot of abuse of those that were there in the North Stand which was, as per usual, over the top. Bell was fantastic and Baird, despite not scoring, linked well with the former.

Really poor crowd but that's probably to be expected given it wasn't a season ticket game and the bitterly cold temperatures. Fair play to the 100 or so Bairns fans for making it up the road. I think everyone was pretty happy it didn't go to extra time...

We really are absolutely shite eh?

Thought the first half was decent enough with both teams having a few chances but f**k me that second half was beyond brutal. Couldn’t really see the goal clearly however it did look like some shite defending no idea how the boy Bell got so much space in the box.

I genuinely hope that is the last game that imposter Harris plays for us and we can empty him as soon as possible. Horrific excuse of a football player. Joe McKee can join him as well another anonymous display until he got subbed off.

Not a bad game, some end to end stuff at times and then it would get bogged down in midfield, we were lucky with Donaldson's clearance off the line as if that had went in we could have been struggling. Good to see Cooper getting a start with Mulraney away in some international diving competition, plus his performance on Wednesday probably helped with his selection, however he didn't repeat it and was subbed.  We were obviously the better team in the second half and with poor Falkirk defending Bell struck a cool ball for the goal. Ridgers had I thought a good game and kept his box well. All in all a deserved win but an anxious finish with that 5 min injury time.

Disappointed with the low local turn out for a cup game, there's no way I could watch it on ALBA  with a foreign commentary, it would be like fecking a blow up doll as you can't beat the real thing can you, no comebacks please on me fecking a blow up!

Surprised to see some earlier Falkirk posters having a go at Harris as along with Hippolyte I thought he was one of their better players, and I was surprised to see Peter Grant benched?

Bawface Fartley will need to get Jimmy Nicholl back soon.

Did this actually happen? If so probably more exciting than the match itself.

Aye well kind of happened.

There was one Caley fan really running about daft, giving the fingers and trying to get it right up the 20 or so young boys that were pished and signing throughout the match. With a few minutes to go one of them just walked from our stand behind the goals to the main stand and squared up to the boy but they both shat themselves before a few of the other boys ran round to take him away. Don’t think there was much Police at the game but the stewards weren’t doing anything at all to stop it.

Easily the highlight of the second half for us imo.

Aye well kind of happened.

There was one Caley fan really running about daft, giving the fingers and trying to get it right up the 20 or so young boys that were pished and signing throughout the match. With a few minutes to go one of them just walked from our stand behind the goals to the main stand and squared up to the boy but they both shat themselves before a few of the other boys ran round to take him away. Don’t think there was much Police at the game but the stewards weren’t doing anything at all to stop it.

Easily the highlight of the second half for us imo.

See it a lot right now, the young team giving it to the opposition and then when they get confronted after a match they pussy out and look for help off the older folk. The Inverness Young Team are a bunch of pussies.

Archived