The Gers vs The Accies - Nov 18th

May as well get this started.  Recently Accies have played 3, won 1 and drawn 2 including an excellent draw on Sat vs Aberdeen.  We've won 2 and drawn one.

Maybe Murty's last game in cherge/Mcinnes' first game?  That's what could make it intriguing.  Be it Murty or McInnes I reckon we'll shade it.

One thing is for sure:  Accies' posters are too mature and sensible to flood the thread with the usual "yer club's deid" pish and are a cut above most of the supporters of other Premiership clubs.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Annoyed having this fixture around an international break, as I avoid it like the plague, so it'll be two weeks without football.

With Rojano and Templeton I think we'll give it a better go than last time out, also having a capable goalkeeper will help.

Though I think it'll be a predictable the rangers win.

This is the second time an international break has come at a time when we’re beginning to pick up steam, and I fancy our chances even less if McInnes takes over.
I’d largely keep the same team, although Rangers seem to exploit our back 5 fairly easily. Their full-backs pushing forward usually create overloads for our wing-backs, meaning our midfielders having to go out and defend where they aren’t comfortable.

If the personnel selected to be our defence remember that , and don't repeat their horror show at NDP , I can see us being the first team since Murty took caretaker control, to snick a valuable point or three. Offensively Rojano & Templeton look capable of nagging any defence with their constant movement and pressure applied as soon as the opposition are in possession .

Roll on Saturday , I shall always support my national side , but when meaningless friendly's come into play throughout the domestic season I find them irritating.Many fans nowadays count on their weekly fix of domestic football to vent fury and release a build up of stress accrued from the average working week.International football does not facilitate this much required release so I for one am delighted domestic football is back on the agenda this w/end.

4 hours ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

I wish we could just skip our fixture this weekend tbh.

I hate going to this shithole,but ever the optimist I am hoping for an Adrian Sprott moment to give us more confidence and continued impetus going forward in the second phase of matches this season.

On 11/6/2017 at 22:47, Lofarl said:

Most slaggings lose their sting after a couple of years.  5-1 etc.  But never your clubs deid.  That will boil your piss till your dying day.

It'll lose its sting when Rangers next win the title.

So...never.

Archived