Forfar v East Fife

If we want to end up in the playoffs come May then we need to be seeing off the bottom sides and if we can show the same commitment from last week with a few tactical tweaks then I expect us to do that on Saturday. 

Piggott and Page look like they've formed a good partnership at the back and hopefully we'll see Slattery back in midfield to give us a bit more energy. Finally, I'd like to see us go two up top again, with a bit of luck the injuries will have eased up and we can get Greg Hurst back in but if not surely Kev Smith is now ready to start a game? 

Only seen the highlights of the previous game between the sides but I'll go for the same scoreline here, 3-0 Fife, Duggan x2 and Lamont. 

At the time we last met I thought EF were one of the best teams we'd played. But...2 horrendous defensive errors and a couple of missed chances, followed by a red card may have given me a poorer impression of our performance than other results at the same time.
I'd love to see us turn the result around as per Albion Rovers last week but I fancy a high scoring draw here.

Think we might be jumping the gun thinking crisis is over.Squad is still lacking a lot.Goal threat is despite last week poor.Probably still a bumpy few weeks hanging on coattails of rest of division.Weir needs time and hopefully some success in next transfer window.Good first impression though.

Looks like we are still going to have a few players out injured. Hopefully Scott Linton will be fit.

I’d like to see us go 4-4-2 on Sat

Hurst

Dunsmore.   Piggott.   Page.  Linton

Flannigan.  Miller.   Docherty.   Lamont

Duggan.   Smith

Need to try to get a few wins on the bounce to build confidence and consolidate near the top of the League. Hopefully we can start on Sat

Credit where credit is due Forfar work rate was top drawer they worked their socks of to a man and hassled and tackled East Fife all over the park. From an East Fife point of view we had plenty of the ball but nothing fell for us in the box, and we were poor in the final third.Both goals oh so preventable our lack of ability to defend cross balls came back to haunt us once again. Really missed Hurst supporting Duggan up top and after getting into good positions we never had any options for the killer ball. In this league you have to win the physical battles and Jim Weir sure has that mentality drummed into the Forfar players. Our away form is turning into a worry as that’s 3 loses in a row. Still missing key players Slattery, Hurst, Wilkie ,Watson and Linton all missed out today and we ended up playing a striker at left back. Forfar much improved from the last game at Bayview and with the fighting attitude they displayed today they will be well clear of the relegation places. We could be doing with some breaks on the injury front and hopefully get back to winning ways.

Archived