Forfar v East Fife

Great to see some of the under 20s team given a real run on the team and them repay that with effort like today. That said Eddie was immense all over the pitch. Very solid performance today which, if you consider our season so far Weir has to be commended for.

Great performance from the Loons today, the Weir revolution is in full flow and long may it continue. As said already, Malone was outstanding today as were Marc and the defenders in front of him, in fact, no failures today. 

My boys were mascots today, we always win when one or both are on mascot duty ;-)

A really poor standard of match which Forfar deserved to win through a greater desire.The number of corners and crosses East Fifehave had this season without an end product is  far from good enough.Injuries are badly affecting things but Chris Duggan can’t be left up front on his own with no support within 30 yards of him.

Guest bernardblack
To answer the question, Yes.
Malone MOTM for me today, but just delighted to see the players work hard all over the pitch.

Excellent to see Malone finally get some plaudits.....he works hard, not his fault he's tarred with the Bollan signing brush.

Clean sheet, 7 points from 9 and a winnable cup game next week.

Bonkers how much that goal against Raith might kickstart our season

It really isn't amazing, it's just showing everyone how clueless Bollan really was!

Matty-Eddie-Coxy-Murray were all excellent and worked so hard, that is what this manager is looking for hard workers, the rest are benched.

Didn't think Macallum had his best game today, he has saved us all season but was dodgy on crosses (match sponsor must have been a Welshman)

Here's hoping for a decent cup result to banish the Bollan cup f**k-up's. 

Well done to the team and management

1 hour ago, tbsouth said:

It really isn't amazing, it's just showing everyone how clueless Bollan really was!

Matty-Eddie-Coxy-Murray were all excellent and worked so hard, that is what this manager is looking for hard workers, the rest are benched.

Didn't think Macallum had his best game today, he has saved us all season but was dodgy on crosses (match sponsor must have been a Welshman)

Here's hoping for a decent cup result to banish the Bollan cup f**k-up's. 

Well done to the team and management

I can only remember 1 dodgy attempt at a cross ball from the keeper, he dealt with the rest  which must instil real confidence in the defence.

Some easily fumbled shots low to the ground that he gathered up with no hiccups but no wonder saves required, unlike last week.  To think not too long ago we had Hill with no back up.  Now we have possibly the best keeper in the league and a very able Adam as back up.

10 minutes ago, loon74 said:

It’s an Eddie love in , changed days for some on p&b , I suppose I’ll be the same when josh gets his hat trick

Eddie suffered after getting drafted in by Bollan to shut up shop and try not to lose the league.  Perhaps made a scapegoat for Bollan's negativity last season, but he is what he is, a defensive minded player (great goal from him today though).   Had Bollan had faith in the way we were playing at the time, Eddie should never had got signed.  I'm not knocking Eddie, but Bollan's lack of faith in the team that was banging in goals for fun probably cost us the league and possibly cost us TOB and DD in the long run.

However, in our current situation of only 2 centre halves, Eddie is exactly what we need.  Taking pressure off of a, still relatively young, back pairing and organising the team from deep. 

Josh is unlikely to get a love in.

20 minutes ago, forzapars said:

Forfar fans, how has Pars loanees Scott Lochhead and Conner Duthie been playing since arriving?
Seems like an upturn in form since their signings, have they been a vital breath of fresh air?

Both look decent...Duthie on the bench yesterday

Archived