Shiney new stand Hearts vs Thistle

I was tired and emotional...

People would say “man-up”. I don’t see why gender should definite emotion. Can-up (I saying I’ve invented right now for when you’re hungover and the only option is consume alcohol to take the edge off). Can-up, brother. You’ll need to be at least tipsy to last until half time of this pish.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What with the international break and the stand malarkey, I'd kinda forgotten that we're total pish and have about 143 players still out injured. Only surprise is we didn't pick up more injuries despite not playing for 2 weeks. Though not ruling out a surprise absence from the squad when the teams are announced,

2 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

People would say “man-up”. I don’t see why gender should definite emotion. Can-up (I saying I’ve invented right now for when you’re hungover and the only option is consume alcohol to take the edge off). Can-up, brother. You’ll need to be at least tipsy to last until half time of this pish.

I'm getting tore into my first pint of Tennents in the Prison Officers club as I type...

#CanUp #21stCenturyCan

I'm getting tore into my first pint of Tennents in the Prison Officers club as I type...
#CanUp #21stCenturyCan

A hangover. Tennents. The officers club. This is everything I wish my Sunday was right now!

What with the international break and the stand malarkey, I'd kinda forgotten that we're total pish and have about 143 players still out injured. Only surprise is we didn't pick up more injuries despite not playing for 2 weeks. Though not ruling out a surprise absence from the squad when the teams are announced,

Archie did say that Dools had picked up a knock and had trained only once in the last fortnight.

8 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd String said:

Archie did say that Dools had picked up a knock and had trained only once in the last fortnight.

Happens quite a lot to players, he should still be capable of playing but he'll likely not start.

Not expecting much from us tbh if we play anything like 2 weeks ago. There should be a buzz around the place for Hearts with the new stand built so no doubt the we'll shit ourselves.

Happens quite a lot to players, he should still be capable of playing but he'll likely not start.
Not expecting much from us tbh if we play anything like 2 weeks ago. There should be a buzz around the place for Hearts with the new stand built so no doubt the we'll shit ourselves.

I fear the worst today.

1 hour ago, NJ2 said:

Or sister. 

Hold on, they've just said on the radio that the temporary dressing rooms in the Wheatfield stand are being used today. 

So why was there any possibility of this being postponed? Everything required to stage a game (a pitch and changing rooms, basically) were in place and usable.

If Hearts ended up having to refund either all supporters (so played behind closed-doors), or just those with tickets for the new stand, that was their lookout.

Hold on, they've just said on the radio that the temporary dressing rooms in the Wheatfield stand are being used today. 
So why was there any possibility of this being postponed? Everything required to stage a game (a pitch and changing rooms, basically) were in place and usable.
If Hearts ended up having to refund either all supporters (so played behind closed-doors), or just those with tickets for the new stand, that was their lookout.

Actively penalising a club for making major investments in infrastructure while pissing off thousands of paying customers

That’s such a shit plan I’m surprised the SPFL didn’t do it

2 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Actively penalising a club for making major investments in infrastructure while pissing off thousands of paying customers

That’s such a shit plan I’m surprised the SPFL didn’t do it

Not the SPFL's fault that said club lied through its teeth about the delivery timescale. 

You could easily have played in front of three stands for as long as necessary. But no. "Oh, we'll have it ready by September; just switch a few of our games and we can rake in the season ticket money".

Archived