Shiney new stand Hearts vs Thistle

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair to Hearts (!), there isn't much difference between this scenario and if it had been snowing all week (or if the forecast for the weekend was shite). i.e. you would have to wait until pretty late to know for sure whether the game was going ahead. 

What baffles me is why they thought it was going to be ready for early September.

21 minutes ago, JamesM82 said:

To be fair to Hearts (!), there isn't much difference between this scenario and if it had been snowing all week (or if the forecast for the weekend was shite). i.e. you would have to wait until pretty late to know for sure whether the game was going ahead. 

That's pretty much total bollocks. 

A club doesn't have control over the weather. A club has, or should have, control over the timescale for building a stand or if that is too difficult for them, have control over ordering seats to fit in the stand. 

Due to the failings of Hearts, Thistle fans who don't currently have a ticket for Sunday (they may have held off purchasing one in the hope that Hearts may have managed to get their collective fingers out of their collective arses) now have next to no chance of getting a ticket should the game go ahead. 

And all this after Thistle agreed to a venue switch to the original fixture to accommodate Hearts. 

We potentially face a scenario of one game in November and nine in December.  Just as well as December is an otherwise quiet month. 

25 minutes ago, JamesM82 said:

What baffles me is why they thought it was going to be ready for early September.

You can plan a pretty stadium, but you can't predict the weather, Ms. JamesM.

Archived