Shiney new stand Hearts vs Thistle

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be pretty disappointed if the game on Sunday doesn't go ahead. 

Given the main delay was caused by supposedly forgetting to order the seats (which is a farce in itself), you'd think we'd be able to make the 3rd new timescale set. 

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

There's nothing in the rules for a forfeit, so we can stop talking about that.  Reschedule it for 6 Feb, then if both teams are out the cup we can dunt it to the following weekend. Although we'll no doubt draw Hearts away if it is postponed.

Think my favourite 3 postponements are:

3) St Johnstone under Dick Campbell, when 3/4 of the team were hungover from Christmas had the flu, game was rescheduled for March and we beat them 2-0. They lost out on promotion on the last kick of the ball to Gretna when they'd surely have pumped us on the original date.

2) Dunfermline in the cup- Liam Buchanan injured?  We'll forget to turn the USH on then. Liam Buchanan fit for the reschedule? Scores both goals in 2-1 win.

1) Celtic on NYD a couple of years ago. The tears, the glorious salty tears from folk who had come ALL THE WAY FROM IRELAND to watch the game and were surprised when the game was called off after 3 days of torrential wind and rain in Glasgow.

That was good. It also included a glorious head's gone moment from Geoff Brown.

A definite highlight in what was a decade of meh Thistle history.

My point is basically pointing out how horrific the spfl and sfa are. 8 games in December. The potential postponement wouldn’t matter if we had a half decent and fair schedule. It’s a mess and if I was the Thistle board I’d be pushing for schedules in the future to be shaken up and relooked at. It’s obvious the so called “chiefs” of the game care more for the top teams than the ones that just turn up to get pumped. [emoji57]

32 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

As far as I know, it'll be on. Some bits won't be open, some bits will still have wet paint signs, but it should be OK, if others get their collective fingers oot. I've heard it's one of the most un-coordinated building sites ever though. One hand doesn't know what the other is doing. Scottish football in a nutshell.

Considering they were building a new stand in an all-seater stadium and didn't order seats this bit doesn't surprise me.

10 hours ago, Rednyella said:

My point is basically pointing out how horrific the spfl and sfa are. 8 games in December. The potential postponement wouldn’t matter if we had a half decent and fair schedule. It’s a mess and if I was the Thistle board I’d be pushing for schedules in the future to be shaken up and relooked at. It’s obvious the so called “chiefs” of the game care more for the top teams than the ones that just turn up to get pumped. emoji57.png

Every else has 7 except Celtic who have 9. There's a three week break after it. Get over it. 

There's nothing in the rules for a forfeit, so we can stop talking about that.  Reschedule it for 6 Feb, then if both teams are out the cup we can dunt it to the following weekend. Although we'll no doubt draw Hearts away if it is postponed.
Think my favourite 3 postponements are:
3) St Johnstone under Dick Campbell, when 3/4 of the team were hungover from Christmas had the flu, game was rescheduled for March and we beat them 2-0. They lost out on promotion on the last kick of the ball to Gretna when they'd surely have pumped us on the original date.
2) Dunfermline in the cup- Liam Buchanan injured?  We'll forget to turn the USH on then. Liam Buchanan fit for the reschedule? Scores both goals in 2-1 win.
1) Celtic on NYD a couple of years ago. The tears, the glorious salty tears from folk who had come ALL THE WAY FROM IRELAND to watch the game and were surprised when the game was called off after 3 days of torrential wind and rain in Glasgow.

Jim White bought us a round in Tennents (doubles) the day the Pars game was called off. My favourite postponement.

Hands across the M8...

So far, Partick have been told that the match will go ahead and are preparing as such. The Glasgow club enjoy a cordial relationship with their Gorgie counterparts and it is believed they would not be unduly 
difficult to deal with over a 
possible postponement.

ngeflag1.jpg

What was the result of the rearranged game, after a sudden downpour caused a late postponement  a few seasons back?

I’m guessing 1-1 but I’m not 100% certain.

Jim White bought us a round in Tennents (doubles) the day the Pars game was called off. My favourite postponement.

Always remember the days when Jim White used to have to walk past the south terrace on his way to commentary box at firhill. Pelters he took were always fun; and in fairness taken well. Good times

Archived