Shiney new stand Hearts vs Thistle

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

"Hearts will ask the Scottish Professional Football League to postpone Sunday's Premiership match with Partick Thistle if Tynecastle's new main stand is not ready."

Where would we be without the Evening News? Hadn't occurred to us that we'd ask for a postponement if the stand is fucked. 

2 hours ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Have Thistle not got around 8 games in Dec already? :lol:

Yup.

Hibs (H), Killie (A), Motherwell (H), Dundee (A), Celtic (A), Hamilton (H), Aberdeen (A) and Ross County (H).

If Sunday’s game is postponed, we’ll have one game in November and eight in December.

Scottish football - You’ve gotta love it.

Yup.
Hibs (H), Killie (A), Motherwell (H), Dundee (A), Celtic (A), Hamilton (H), Aberdeen (A) and Ross County (H).
If Sunday’s game is postponed, we’ll have one game in November and eight in December.

Possibly 9.

I think we were the only team to roll over with Hearts and not force the fixture to be at Murrayfield, this time round the board really should force for the forefit. It could be the difference between a top 6 or survival (more likely) and its another week to let our injured players not get rushed back.

51 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

Yup.

At least it has benefited the national team.

I think we were the only team to roll over with Hearts and not force the fixture to be at Murrayfield, this time round the board really should force for the forefit. It could be the difference between a top 6 or survival (more likely) and its another week to let our injured players not get rushed back.

I think their game with Killie was meant to be at Tynecastle but they were able to use Murrayfield as there was no Rugby on

4 hours ago, Rednyella said:

Look I agree that this is not a personal thing, genuinely enjoy traveling to the capital and playing the Jambos, and have no issue with their support, but all this could hurt us as a team for the season, and we need every pt we can muster. We have no games this month as it is, and if this gets postponed for later in year especially when Hearts at this moment are not playing well shows how the SFA truly don't respect or really care much for clubs like Thistle. They just crap on us whenever they want. Whether it is giving us the same shitty schedule every year and postponing to suit Celtic, or giving us trips to ICT or Ross County on dates that make no sense, such as an evening game...truly mind-boggling. Now Hearts can't make their timeline! I'm sorry but we should pick up a forfeit 3 points and move to the next game. We've done nothing but keep our heads down and worked hard to be and stay in this league but again and again we get the shaft.  If you're going to make changes to your stadium, field etc...and you build in timelines then you should meet them with no effect to the opposition. Well there is an affect as let's say we play you in Jan/Feb and Levein changes your fortunes, and brings in 2-3-4 players in January transfer window, when game was meant to be played this month...get my point? This game was meant for Saturday. You can't play due to no location, then you forfeit in my book. It's a complete sham and a disgrace but we don't have the baws to do anything about it.  

giphy.gif

We are Heart of Midlothian FC PLC LTD. The SFA will obviously let us off the hook as one of the largest clubs. 

Having said that what a shambles we are. Monty Chuckle

Statement from the 4th of August after we forgot to order the seats: 

"One of the key things I would ask you to note is that the headlines which talk about “delays to the completion of the new Tynecastle Main Stand” are incorrect. Our overall plans remain on schedule. What has changed is the phased delivery dates and what will be delivered in the various phases. Everything that was due to be delivered by 9th September will still be delivered by then, with the exception of the installation of the seats.

Our new target date for being “open for business”, however, is now Sunday 5th November, 2017. Given this new date, when we do open the stand in November, we will be in a position to open everything on the first floor, including 2 of our hospitality lounges, well ahead of our earlier scheduled date. Similarly, all of our supporter areas will be completed to the finished standard, rather than the minimal standard that would have been delivered in September."

I don't mind them fucking things up but stop lying to us you decrepit old cow. Warnock

Partick fans should be delighted if they miss out on Murrayfield and Ann Budges huge floating head pumping out propaganda from huge screens all around the ground.

There's nothing in the rules for a forfeit, so we can stop talking about that.  Reschedule it for 6 Feb, then if both teams are out the cup we can dunt it to the following weekend. Although we'll no doubt draw Hearts away if it is postponed.

Think my favourite 3 postponements are:

3) St Johnstone under Dick Campbell, when 3/4 of the team were hungover from Christmas had the flu, game was rescheduled for March and we beat them 2-0. They lost out on promotion on the last kick of the ball to Gretna when they'd surely have pumped us on the original date.

2) Dunfermline in the cup- Liam Buchanan injured?  We'll forget to turn the USH on then. Liam Buchanan fit for the reschedule? Scores both goals in 2-1 win.

1) Celtic on NYD a couple of years ago. The tears, the glorious salty tears from folk who had come ALL THE WAY FROM IRELAND to watch the game and were surprised when the game was called off after 3 days of torrential wind and rain in Glasgow.

2 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

St Johnstone under Dick Campbell, when 3/4 of the team were hungover from Christmas had the flu, game was rescheduled for March and we beat them 2-0. They lost out on last kick of the ball to Gretna when they'd surely have pumped us on the original date

Between that and the game in the early 90s that was postponed at about quarter to 3. You are despicable c***s.

Archived