Shiney new stand Hearts vs Thistle

September the 9th was their planned first game back at Tynecastle.  Deary me. 

This is what I don't get. It's expected that any construction project will hit delays and issues along the way, which will extend a programme. Any competent PM and Contractor should be building in enough float for expected delays. If it was a tight timescale, which it was, then Hearts and Budge should have been realistic and just taken their time. Instead they'll now get a late, worse quality build and a hell of a lot of bad PR instead of an on time, good quality build which everyone was expecting.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

DOlcPDyW0AAQLPU.jpg:large

Absolutely nada chance it's going ahead :lol: 

It might not go ahead, but that is an old photo.  Those sections are fully seated and the media bit and dugouts are nearly done, significantly progressed since that photo.

On 12/11/2017 at 16:08, John Lambies Doos said:

Cheers. Might drive to airport and get tram? Tickets through club website but do Hearts have ticket office on day too?

Don't park at the airport and get a tram. You'll pay more for parking for obvious reasons and also be in the airport zone for the tram and buses.

I'd suggest use the park and ride at Ingliston instead and get the tram or park at the Hermiston park and ride and get the 25 bus which will be £1.60 each way and take you right into Gorgie.

Heard from a "mate" working at the site that yesterday, it was all set to go ahead but this morning a contractor says today is the last day Hearts can call off the game, so its getting too close in terms of tests etc so might be a forfeit.

9 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Heard from a "mate" working at the site that yesterday, it was all set to go ahead but this morning a contractor says today is the last day Hearts can call off the game, so its getting too close in terms of tests etc so might be a forfeit.

Really?

I'll be raging if the new fixture is in December.  We've only one fixture in November if the rescheduled figure isn't in the next couple of weeks.

Nowt wrong with three stands anyways...

I'm going to pretend this is definitely going ahead and talk about the game. 

Apparently Souttar is out with a concussion from the Scotland U21's game which is a blow, but that should be softened by Hughes being available again.  Mind you, now The Northern Ireland games are out the way I wouldn't be surprised if he was miraculously sidelined as he often appears to be when there's no international football to concern himself with.

As far as I'm aware Djoum, Prince and Walker should all be in contention as well.  Having Djoum and Walker back will be a boost, Djoum especially seeing as we seem to be incapable of passing the ball 10 yards.  And Prince should mean we at least have some experience on the bench, something which has been badly lacking recently.

I'll go for a scrappy 2-1 Hearts win.

Look I agree that this is not a personal thing, genuinely enjoy traveling to the capital and playing the Jambos, and have no issue with their support, but all this could hurt us as a team for the season, and we need every pt we can muster. We have no games this month as it is, and if this gets postponed for later in year especially when Hearts at this moment are not playing well shows how the SFA truly don't respect or really care much for clubs like Thistle. They just crap on us whenever they want. Whether it is giving us the same shitty schedule every year and postponing to suit Celtic, or giving us trips to ICT or Ross County on dates that make no sense, such as an evening game...truly mind-boggling. Now Hearts can't make their timeline! I'm sorry but we should pick up a forfeit 3 points and move to the next game. We've done nothing but keep our heads down and worked hard to be and stay in this league but again and again we get the shaft.  If you're going to make changes to your stadium, field etc...and you build in timelines then you should meet them with no effect to the opposition. Well there is an affect as let's say we play you in Jan/Feb and Levein changes your fortunes, and brings in 2-3-4 players in January transfer window, when game was meant to be played this month...get my point? This game was meant for Saturday. You can't play due to no location, then you forfeit in my book. It's a complete sham and a disgrace but we don't have the baws to do anything about it.  

Archived