Shiney new stand Hearts vs Thistle

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Local game for me while residing in Edinburgh for the time being which is quite nice. Fully expecting a defeat though.

Disappointed Diane's pool hall is "closed until further notice" though, not a terrible place for an early couple of pints.

If this is at the new Tynecastle I can’t see anything but a loss.

Be great to be in attendance though if it’s a sell out. Should be a great atmosphere. I just hope we don’t get pumped. Leveins team doesn’t look capable of playing attacking football and scoring goals so maybe we can capitalize on Hearts poor run of form and style of play.

Hearts away is a cracking day out!

We really need points. With every passing game I’m losing all the hope is built up over the past 5 years. [emoji19]

1 hour ago, thistledo said:

Disappointed Diane's pool hall is "closed until further notice" though, not a terrible place for an early couple of pints.

It's not exactly a trip to the leafy west end  before a game at Firhill, is it? Diane's was horrible.

Diane's is gone for good, saw something about it on twitter, being replaced by a chain pub of some kind, Irish bar maybe?. Was in a few times when I lived in Edinburgh 10 years ago.

Not 100% sure we'll even sell out 680 with this being on a Sunday, we only took 700-odd to Motherwell, a much nearer (but admittedly worse) away day on a Saturday. Probably will just about do it though.

Was thinking how grim our away record has been of late- if like me you're a Thistle fan who struggles to make midweeks / Friday night away games the last time you'd have seen us win away was St Johnstone in the Scottish Cup in February. The time before that, St Johnstone last October. Time before that, Killie in the 15/16 season. No wonder I can't remember many cracking away days of late (when you take the game into account, not the bevvy).

Archived