Auchinleck 2-2 Beith

Killiepiyo

Not as much as I did when Fauldsy crashed the equaliser into the net!

Yup easily pleased in going nuts after scoring an injury time leveller against ten men at home , ahhh how the mighty Talbot's standards are falling :)

Just now, theshed said:

Yup easily pleased in going nuts after scoring an injury time leveller against ten men at home , ahhh how the mighty Talbot's standards are falling :)

When you see the two goals we gifted then our standards have really fallen. On saying that we have picked up 7 points from our last three league games. Hows the champions elect doing?

When you see the two goals we gifted then our standards have really fallen. On saying that we have picked up 7 points from our last three league games. Hows the champions elect doing?

4 points out of 6 v Talbot and still top of the league so we are pretty much fine and dandy in my book ..........

Yep! if you won the league by beating Talbot you would be unstoppable, but that's not how leagues are won, unfortunately you took two bad beatings at the Tebbit recently and one point out of a possible nine reels you back in. 

Well, what a game. I can understand Beith fans frustration, 2-0 up with less than ten to go, definitely should have made it 1-3 to wrap it up. However, over the piece a draw was fair enough as Talbot did build up some pressure to score but for some tremendous last ditch defending from the Beith players. Beith are a good team they have some smashing players and work very hard at closing down. They also do the ugly bit very well, big Sheridan being the finest exponent, which makes the whining about Beith players being blocked at the equalizer hilarious. Great game for the neutrals. As for celebrating the equalizer, I find it difficult to understand, even tongue in cheek, how celebrating the  scoring of a last minute equalizer after being two nil down is an indicator as to Talbot's standards falling.   Anyway, Talbot still to settle on first 11 set up, but I'm sure will be in the hunt at the tail end, as will Beith.

Well, what a game. I can understand Beith fans frustration, 2-0 up with less than ten to go, definitely should have made it 1-3 to wrap it up. However, over the piece a draw was fair enough as Talbot did build up some pressure to score but for some tremendous last ditch defending from the Beith players. Beith are a good team they have some smashing players and work very hard at closing down. They also do the ugly bit very well, big Sheridan being the finest exponent, which makes the whining about Beith players being blocked at the equalizer hilarious. Great game for the neutrals. As for celebrating the equalizer, I find it difficult to understand, even tongue in cheek, how celebrating the  scoring of a last minute equalizer after being two nil down is an indicator as to Talbot's standards falling.   Anyway, Talbot still to settle on first 11 set up, but I'm sure will be in the hunt at the tail end, as will Beith.

Very fair assessment Isa and a great post.

Archived