c***s at Gigs

NorthernLights

I was sure there was a thread on this already but I'm too lazy to search for it. 

What sort of behaviour annoys you at gigs?  I was at one last night and encountered a couple of things that annoy me.

1. c***s who just body anyone out of their way when making their through a crowd.  I was watching one of the bands last night and a guy twice just smack right into me to get pass.  I was too busy watching the band to notice him those times.  It wasn't busy so he could easily have gone another way or just a quick tap and an "excuse me, thanks" would have done.  Third and final time I spotted him and just stood me ground so when he tried to body me I just knock him back.  He then tried to push me over but I just laughed at him.

2. Folk who use the flash when using their camera.  Even worse is the folk who are filming a video with the light on.  That picture/video of the band is going to look great with everyone in the foreground all lit up.

I'm sure I can add to this list but those were the two that I noticed last night.

1 hour ago, NorthernLights said:

I was sure there was a thread on this already but I'm too lazy to search for it. 

What sort of behaviour annoys you at gigs?  I was at one last night and encountered a couple of things that annoy me.

1. c***s who just body anyone out of their way when making their through a crowd.  I was watching one of the bands last night and a guy twice just smack right into me to get pass.  I was too busy watching the band to notice him those times.  It wasn't busy so he could easily have gone another way or just a quick tap and an "excuse me, thanks" would have done.  Third and final time I spotted him and just stood me ground so when he tried to body me I just knock him back.  He then tried to push me over but I just laughed at him.

2. Folk who use the flash when using their camera.  Even worse is the folk who are filming a video with the light on.  That picture/video of the band is going to look great with everyone in the foreground all lit up.

I'm sure I can add to this list but those were the two that I noticed last night.

Do they even know this is a f**k up ?

I believe that decent gig goers should be able to do harm to the utter fannies who do their level best to ruin gigs for the rest of the crowd.

Mobile phones. You've got the artist/band right in front of you. Your 3" camera phone screen isnt anything like as good as actually putting your phone away and watching the act with your own eyes. Your shaky mobile phone video will sound shite when you watch it back and realise that you wasted your time at the gig instead of actually enjoying the show.

Talking. If you want to talk to your mates then take the money you would otherwise have spent on a gig ticket, find a pub with a jukebox and kindly f**k off to it. There's a level of basic decency that shouldn't be hard to meet. I've paid to see and hear the band. Not you.

People pushing in. If you want to be up at the front for a gig then get to the venue early and accept that you're not going to be able to go to the bar for booze. Once you're at the front? Thats you pretty much until the end of the gig.

People who shout out and try to engage the acts in banter. Chances are they can't understand you. Their attempts to politely humour you are not an invitation to a prolonged conversation. You shut the f**k up. We've paid to hear the band. Not you shouting at the band demanding that they play a particular song. Gigs are in no way the same as karaoke where you get to sing your favourites or a bloke  in a pub who'll take requests.

If the gig is packed and folk are tight together, don't act stunned that there might be some contact between people. If I raise a hand, it might brush against you since I'm 2cm away from you.

If you can't accept people being in close proximity, then just f**k off.

When my band is successful and starts playing in front of people I will jump from the stage and beat any of the HERE WE merchants to death with my guitar, leaving their body there as a warning to everyone else.

I've not heard that in a while mind you, maybe it's on the way out.

On 11/5/2017 at 16:40, Randy Giles said:

If the gig is packed and folk are tight together, don't act stunned that there might be some contact between people. If I raise a hand, it might brush against you since I'm 2cm away from you.

If you can't accept people being in close proximity, then just f**k off.

There is a bit of a difference between folk bumping into you by accident or because it is crowded as opposed to folk who barge through full pelt because they want closer to the front and don't care who they smash about in the process.

I recall seeing a fight break out years ago at T in the Park when some boys decided to form a conga line and just rattle through everyone to get closer to the stage in the big tent as it was then. They smashed through a guy who recovered in time to swing his elbow into one of the boys at the end of the conga line, near took his head off and caused a bit of a ruckus for obvious reasons. Wound up with more folk backing up the boy who delivered the elbow than the boy who got his face smashed in, and rightly so.

5 hours ago, Ross. said:

There is a bit of a difference between folk bumping into you by accident or because it is crowded as opposed to folk who barge through full pelt because they want closer to the front and don't care who they smash about in the process.

Oh aye, that's dick behaviour. But at Weezer I genuinely just brushed against someone and they acted like I just took a shit in their hands. Was stood in the one spot and moved a bit.

30 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Oh aye, that's dick behaviour. But at Weezer I genuinely just brushed against someone and they acted like I just took a shit in their hands. Was stood in the one spot and moved a bit.

Aye, that has to be expected. Dick behaviour on their part of they can’t handle that at a gig.

Archived