School fitba vs pro youth

The chassis

Just wanting people's thoughts on this,a boy who plays pro youth also plays for school team,school team played on a training night so boy misses training,next night training coach from pro youth tells the boy that if he plays wae school again heid getting binned.this is at under 15 level

This is what is wrong with our game.STOPPING boys PLAYING .
Kids should be playing games .Pro youth well the name tells you everything .They are YOUTHS 99% of whom will never play at the proffesional level.
The parents should be letting them play .Not worrying about them wearing a club top at the home game.
The kids should be playing with the school team (thats a whole new subject ) and these Pro Youth clowns should be told its mandatory.

think we need to look at why professional football clubs do not want the kids they are investing time in playing for their schools.

Some off the cuff things i'm thinking of from memory are:

School coaches are shit, I was played on the left wing because I appeared fast (i was fast in that first 10 -20 metres, that was it) and i was left footed.

School coaches give conflicting instructions, I tracked the right back when we didn't have the ball - the coach said i wasn't being brave enough because i should try to use the space he left behind and when i did do that, i was screamed at for "cheating"

School coaches think kids aren't injured unless there is a broken bone... "run it aff" was the usual shout from the sidelines at 10-15 year olds who should have been developing their ingame technique, not their pain thresholds.

Kids need left to play and get some proper coaching (but not too much)

Tbh, school football is a shambles that people seem to have some romanticised view about.

In saying that, I'd have no issue with boys taking part but can understand why coaches wouldn't be keen on their players risking injury to take part.

Rightly or wrongly, your club has to take priority. If someone wants to miss training for a school game then they need to find out where the club stand on that and clear it with them

Archived