Queen’s Park vs Arbroath

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Big Rab in the nets with Hutton released.
Quite like QP away but much prefer the old social club. QP fans are a good bunch

Surely a new keeper, not Rab at 45

See Scott Bain goalkeeper at Dundee has fallen out with N. McCann. Any chance we can get him as an emergency loan ?

Iv heard from Dundee fans that he is a bit of a dick around the changing rooms. Has caused all sorts of problems

Not that it would happen, but he’s fallen out with Hartley and now he’s fallen out with McCann. Looks like he can’t be arsed half the time playing in the top flight so doubt he’d be busting a gut playing in league one. Decent keeper but seems like an absolute roaster.

If we play Gav Swankie on the wing again I think this may be the game I end up having a full blown hissy fit at. Please, Dick, I can't take it anymore :(

Either play Swanks upfront, in the hole behind the front man or have him on the bench. Let's not continue playing an unbalanced side in order to accomodate Gav in a position  we have better options in. Omar is overdue a start, or we could play Denholm in his natural position, but for the love of God we cannot continue to play Gav there. Gav has played our last 4 games on the left wing and in 3 of them, Raith, East Fife and Ayr he has not been up to scratch in that position.

How many of our other players would get away with having stinkers 3 games out of 4 and continue to be played in the same position ahead of others who have proved themselves more than good enough in that position? If Omar had a shit 45 minutes he'd be hooked and benched for the next week.

I'm not necessarily having a go at Gav Swankie - I'm just saying continuing to play him on the wing is fucking ridiculous. He's obviously a very good player, but we can't continue to try and fit round pegs in square holes.

Watch him go on to have a stormer on the left wing on Saturday now, cementing his position on the wing before doing nothing in the following 3/4 games :lol:

Fully agree with SimonLichtie. Maybe the manager is waiting for a moment of magic from Gavin Swankie, but a moment of magic when you are 3 or 4 goals down isn't worth the wait. It doesn't matter if you are asked to play out of your preferred position, if you are in the team it's your responsibility to do your very best for the team. 

Gavin has some talent, not enough to make in in the top leagues but enough to look good in the lower leagues, but as an international standard coach in a different sport once said to me, "Having talent is fine, but without application it is wasted".  

personally i think we are at a bit of an impasse at the moment. yes we can play good football and yes we can score goals all be it against weaker sides. but against stronger defences and better strikers we are struggling a bit.agree with simon about square pegs in round holes. swankie is not a wide player and denholm is not a centre forward what the solution is i dont know

1 hour ago, Smokie_Bacon_crisps said:

I was wondering if any Queen's Park supporters could answer a question?

I've always rated your defender Bryan Warton and he has always played a stormer when we have faced Queen's but noticed he is out on loan at Pollock alongside former Lichtie Liam Rowan.

Does his face not fit any more?

36392079575_845b3417cc_k.jpg

When he's on his his game, he's a brilliant defender at this level. For example, Morton away in the cup at the start of the season, he was the best player on the park. Fast forward 3 weeks later and hes goes and has an absolute howler against Albion Rovers. Quite frankly that's been the trend for Wharton for the past couple of years. Considering how bad our defence has been this season, i would happily have him back. He at least brings a bit of dig and some form of presence 

2 hours ago, Smokie_Bacon_crisps said:

I was wondering if any Queen's Park supporters could answer a question?

I've always rated your defender Bryan Warton and he has always played a stormer when we have faced Queen's but noticed he is out on loan at Pollock alongside former Lichtie Liam Rowan.

Does his face not fit any more?

36392079575_845b3417cc_k.jpg

Great first season. Not so much after that. Far too inconsistent to be trusted in the team. He’ s been frozen out of a poor Queen’s Park side for a reason. No ill will towards him at all, but he’s not good enough for League One. He’s not alone there, of course.

Archived