Barrie Mckay (ahead of the curve) appreciation thread.

PB 4.2

He is improved since moving down south, his omission from the squad is baffling these type of games is where we need to see if he can step up,and perform. He will have to wait until till he's 25/26 half way through another failed campaign before getting a sniff probably. 

16 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

He is improved since moving down south, his omission from the squad is baffling these type of games is where we need to see if he can step up,and perform. He will have to wait until till he's 25/26 half way through another failed campaign before getting a sniff probably. 

How do you quantify this improvement? What has he improved? It looks to me he's the same old player, capable of brilliance but can be rarely involved. His attitude has also been questioned at more than 1 club in his past, it wouldn't surprise me if that put managers off calling him up.

Rarely has so much nonsense been written about a player. This criticism that he disappears for spells in a game can be applied to any wide player. His ability is not up for question and when he’s on the left wing he may not see much of the ball. I’m fairly sure he’ll end up in a central position, but he’s also efective wide. The higher level he plays, the more he’ll stand out.

Recall a story when he was at us. We got beat away, somewhere miserable, and it was a shite performance to boot. McKay walks on the team bus all smiles boating about how me ‘megged 3 players today. Sums up the boy for me.

On 04/11/2017 at 23:12, SpoonTon said:

I can't bring myself to like McKay. Just see him walking about, trying his best to hide as his team concedes 10. 

I just can't do it. 

On 05/11/2017 at 00:19, Finch road said:

This, hes an over-rated shitebag

When he played for us he had one great game away to Stirling Albion in the Cup but other than that he was everything you don't want in a loan signing.

The Championship must be crap if folk like him are tearing it up.

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

When he played for us he had one great game away to Stirling Albion in the Cup but other than that he was everything you don't want in a loan signing.

The Championship must be crap if folk like him are tearing it up.

Maybe he was unwelcome. It is also the case that some players don’t thrive in a certain type of team. He’s not a roll the sleeves up type of player, but international football is seldom like that. He’ll be one of our best players soon and people will still harangue him for failed loan spells in the lower leagues when still a kid.

22 minutes ago, woof! said:

Sinclair barely touched the ball versus Bayern, Forrest was never off it.

Are you not proving my point here? James Forrest, Celtic's wide player, was heavily involved yet you say all wide players can be labelled as "going missing for spells"?

9 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Are you not proving my point here? James Forrest, Celtic's wide player, was heavily involved yet you say all wide players can be labelled as "going missing for spells"?

I am correct, let’s move on.

1 hour ago, woof! said:

Maybe he was unwelcome. It is also the case that some players don’t thrive in a certain type of team. He’s not a roll the sleeves up type of player, but international football is seldom like that. He’ll be one of our best players soon and people will still harangue him for failed loan spells in the lower leagues when still a kid.

I think you're wrong about the type of player he is - I've seen him chase lost causes and play a high tempo pressing game for rangers. He just wasn't that type of loan player - he showed absolutely no interest in the team he was playing on loan for.  It's not surprising that Morton and Raith fans wouldn't remember him fondly. 

Archived