Utd v League One Favourites Falkirk

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

According to STV our second goal was scored by Matty Robson.  If you can’t get the names of the players right don’t bother reporting on the match.

Calm down Clive. You'll end up having a seizure.

8 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Out of interest are we just shite at calling a coin toss or have we decided that shooting downhill in the first half is a better policy?

Don't tell anyone but they levelled the pitch a few seasons ago.

It's all psychological now ;)

Just watched the highlights on ArabZone.  I'm amazed that Scobbie didn't get a red; Miller started it but Scobbie overreacted, both commentators convinced that he should have been off too.

That aside wonderful football from us; three goals, three off the woodwork and at least three good saves.

I watched the highlights back on Falkirk TV, and what amazes me is that they didn't show the incident at all.

If that had happened to a United player I'd have wanted Arabzone to milk the injustice for all it was worth.

The incident happened bang in front of me, and from what I saw it was a red all day long, if for nothing else, wanton stupidity.....

Palpable sense of relief,  surprise, (and a bit of bemusement) around me when the yellow came out.

Two moments summed up everything wrong with Falkirk on Sunday -

1st Half - Ball passed back to Utd keeper and Longridge charges up to close him down but then looks around to see not one Falkirk player is supporting him. He throws his hands up in disgust and gives up.

2nd Half - Kerr is on the right touchline and turns back towards his own goal under pressure from 3 Utd players. As they force him back, not one Falkirk player goes back to give him an option for the pass. If he'd lost the ball, three Utd players would have had a clear run in on goal with no defenders in sight.

17 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I know you're probably kidding but I think this honestly would have been a decent shout. He's the only person to have managed Falkirk to a league win in the last 200 days.

I wasn't kidding.

12 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

It was Scott Fraser. I saw a picture of it somewhere, it bounced on the line but didn't go over it.

Cheers

Guest Back Post Misses
I watched the highlights back on Falkirk TV, and what amazes me is that they didn't show the incident at all.
If that had happened to a United player I'd have wanted Arabzone to milk the injustice for all it was worth.
The incident happened bang in front of me, and from what I saw it was a red all day long, if for nothing else, wanton stupidity.....
Palpable sense of relief,  surprise, (and a bit of bemusement) around me when the yellow came out.

This is not the Grasses from Fife you are dealing with though.

Had it been them it would have made Sky Breaking News

2nd Half - Kerr is on the right touchline and turns back towards his own goal under pressure from 3 Utd players. As they force him back, not one Falkirk player goes back to give him an option for the pass. If he'd lost the ball, three Utd players would have had a clear run in on goal with no defenders in sight.

That was horrible to watch.

By the end of the ‘move’ he ended up having to put the ball out for a throw whilst absolutely surrounded by United players with not one of our players within 20 yards or looking remotely interested in helping or asking for the ball. Really pathetic stuff.

Still amazed we didn’t concede at least 8.

Two moments summed up everything wrong with Falkirk on Sunday -

1st Half - Ball passed back to Utd keeper and Longridge charges up to close him down but then looks around to see not one Falkirk player is supporting him. He throws his hands up in disgust and gives up.

Remember this. Longridge never pressed once after that. Can you blame him, what a bunch of wasters we have in the side.

Archived