Utd v League One Favourites Falkirk

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Falkirk continue to play like that they could  be in serious danger of finishing bottom - that's probably the worst performance I've seen at Tannadice by a full time team.  They should have kept Alex Smith.

I don't really know how I feel about United's performance, it's really hard to say if it was genuinely Csaba turning us into Barcelona or Falkirk being horrendous, probably a bit of both. 

There was a shot by King (?) that came off the bar and looked like it crossed the line, does anyone know if it did.

Looking forward to Brechin next week, hopefully we can put a few past them and help our goal difference and try and keep 3 clear of the chasers.

There was a shot by King (?) that came off the bar and looked like it crossed the line, does anyone know if it did.

Was that the one in the second half? Sure it was Fraser and it definitely didn’t cross. Was some strike though.

As soon as I saw the team I knew we were in for a doing. I can only presume that Hartley is making a point to the bod that he needs players in january otherwise he still hasnt got a clue who plays where etc.  Gallacher at left back always means we leak goals . With Mcghee there we've let in a max of one and most games have been clean sheets. The last two gallacher's  played we've lost 7 goals. Add to that a shitebag midfield and there was only only going to be one result. The changes after Gallachers injury put the tin lid on it.  When Willo Flood scores against you you know your in the soapy bubble.

17 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

That slides in to the top 5 worst games I have ever been to. Totally inept and spineless. Pass marks for Robbie Thomson and no one else.

Totally inept management from Hartley too when Gallacher had to go off. Fucked if I know what he was thinking.

@Gaz FFC sorry mate I walked straight past you on my way out but I was fucking frozen and had seen enough.

Forgiven.

We were all in a rotten, frozen mood

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

As soon as I saw the team I knew we were in for a doing. I can only presume that Hartley is making a point to the bod that he needs players in january otherwise he still hasnt got a clue who plays where etc.  Gallacher at left back always means we leak goals . With Mcghee there we've let in a max of one and most games have been clean sheets. The last two gallacher's  played we've lost 7 goals. Add to that a shitebag midfield and there was only only going to be one result. The changes after Gallachers injury put the tin lid on it.  When Willo Flood scores against you you know your in the soapy bubble.

Should Gallagher have prevented the 2nd & 3rd goals by hitting Utd players by throwing his ice pack from the dugout?

7 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Should Gallagher have prevented the 2nd & 3rd goals by hitting Utd players by throwing his ice pack from the dugout?

I'm only looking at the stats mate and I'd say we were on for a hiding whether he went off or not. As soon as Mcghee isnt at left back we leak goals.  Whether its gallacher in the team to repalce him or not.. Its as plain as 7 goals in 2 games when hes not been playing there compared to 1 in 5 when he has . That suggests its pretty important that we keep him at left back and cover injuries in a different way surely . 

On 11/15/2017 at 15:45, Bairnardo said:

If what I am hearong about travelling support is true then Hartley will be looking to put on a show. Reckon we will win by 3 or 4.

For the Utd lads, once we fill up behond the goal where are you likely to put us after that? Just so I can decide where I want to sit.

Good post!  Inaccurate in all respects but enjoyable reading nonetheless.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'm only looking at the stats mate and I'd say we were on for a hiding whether he went off or not. As soon as Mcghee isnt at left back we leak goals.  Whether its gallacher in the team to repalce him or not.. Its as plain as 7 goals in 2 games when hes not been playing there compared to 1 in 5 when he has . That suggests its pretty important that we keep him at left back and cover injuries in a different way surely . 

Fine, that's not what you said though. Your statement blamed Gallagher for the loss of the goals when he wasn't even on the pitch for 2 of them.

I'm told that McGhee is very unhappy at having to play at LB, however that's just something that he needs to put up with for the time being because, you're right, the defence does look better with him in there.

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Good post!  Inaccurate in all respects but enjoyable reading nonetheless.

Aye, I thought at the time, 'how can you post such nonsense'? I was actually going to try to get a hold of him personally to ask!

17 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Out of interest are we just shite at calling a coin toss or have we decided that shooting downhill in the first half is a better policy?

Couldn’t give a toss tbh.

12 hours ago, Marr1 said:

If Falkirk continue to play like that they could  be in serious danger of finishing bottom - that's probably the worst performance I've seen at Tannadice by a full time team.  They should have kept Alex Smith.

I don't really know how I feel about United's performance, it's really hard to say if it was genuinely Csaba turning us into Barcelona or Falkirk being horrendous, probably a bit of both. 

Looking forward to Brechin next week, hopefully we can put a few past them and help our goal difference and try and keep 3 clear of the chasers.

It was Scott Fraser. I saw a picture of it somewhere, it bounced on the line but didn't go over it.

That was a horrendous performance from Falkirk - either the worst I've seen us play at Tannadice or very close.  United played pretty well but it was hard to judge how well. I can't see how we are going to turn things round.  Only Thomson did well for us, otherwise it could have been 6-0.   

Archived