Utd v League One Favourites Falkirk

51 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

It’s tough for Falkirk being knocked out of the cup like this but at least it lets Hartley concentrate on building on his strong league showing since taking over.

It wasn't the cup you fife muppet. 

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, thelocalcat said:

Anyone else notice we didn't make a single tackle all game? Just running alongside them trying to pretend they wanted the ball. Bunch of utter shitebags in midfield, I'd happily never see one of the starting 5 again.

Yeah, our players were basically clouds the UTD players could run through. Muirhead was a disgrace for the first goal but then again they all were. 

Anyone else notice we didn't make a single tackle all game? Just running alongside them trying to pretend they wanted the ball. Bunch of utter shitebags in midfield, I'd happily never see one of the starting 5 again.

Yep. Also noticed that despite only having 34% possession we committed just six fouls to United’s thirteen.

I may not have seen the game but that certainly suggests a team without passion and commitment.

Disgusted to see our team go from one of the most committed to one of the least within 2 seasons.

On 17/11/2017 at 17:36, Granny Danger said:

In order:

I hope we win.

I hope we score a few goals.

I hope we keep a clean sheet.

I hope we play well.

I hope it's an entertaining game.

I hope it's not too cold.

I hope the numpties amongst the Falkirk support are small in number.

Seven out of seven.

52 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Yep. Also noticed that despite only having 34% possession we committed just six fouls to United’s thirteen.

Don’t worry. Once we’ve analysed the footage there’s bound to be a few more indiscretions we can bring to the attention of the authorities. 

Don’t worry. Once we’ve analysed the footage there’s bound to be a few more indiscretions we can bring to the attention of the authorities. 

I’d be surprised if you lot did not have a full posse at the game with cameras at every corner and amplified mics (as usual).

A few points from my view from the ETL.

1. Falkirk are truly fucking horrendous. I know that this is stating the bleeding obvious, but I wanted to apologise to the Barins fans whom I doubted earlier in the thread. I didn't think things could be as bad as you were making out - until I saw with my own eyes.

2. Since when did we enlarge the pitch at Tannadice? I can't rememeber the last time I have seen United have sooo much space throughout 90 mintues.

3. To a man, (except perhaps Lewis, as he can't be judged on his performance, having had nothing to do all game), United were superb. They hunted in packs, snapped into challenges (Special mention to Flood, yes Flood, who ran the midfield and has abscence was notable in the 2nd half), and some of the interplay was top drawer, that I don't think I've seen at Tannadice since Armstrong and GMS fucked off. Whilst some can argue that the performance of the opposition allowed this, credit must be given to a superb performance.

4. Thomson in goals for Falkirk deserves huge credit for a number of excellent saves and stopped a properly embarrassing score today, and the rest of the team who hung him out to dry today should each be buying him a pint as we speak.

5.  Our woodwork is too wide.... (what's a goal Fyvie's would have been had it gone in)

6.  I am delighted that Shabba bemoaned the lack of concentration (finishing) in his post match interview; still picking faults and wanting improvement on an outstanding performance. Shades (just shades mind) of wee Jum there.... 

7. I am a happy Arab tonight, (it has been a long time since Mrs MacArab has seen me so happy coming back from Tannadice) and the difference in this team is night and day from the one we had this time last month, with the same personel. 

Well done Shabba and the lads and please keep it going for next week.........

P.s. From where I was, I also though Scobbie was gone......

Archived