Utd v League One Favourites Falkirk

11 minutes ago, Russ said:

Thought it was a stick on red card and happened right in front of the ref but he shat it.

Game was already over by that point though and you could’ve played the second half with 8 and still seen it out comfortably enough.

It was six and half a dozen. Miller and Scobbie head to head being silly then Miller throws himself to the ground. Ref went for the top pocket but seemed to then take advice from his linesman. 

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Russ said:

Stuck the head into/pushed Miller to the ground. Pretty similar to Ryan Jack on Kirk Broadfoot.

Happened from one of their corners just a minute or so before half time. He got booked and I think Miller got booked for protesting that it was only a yellow.

Tbf, stuck the head/pushed him suggests you' re guessing. As most folk in the ground were. My nephew caught it on his phone so we were able to rewind and zoom in. Both booked for silliness.

Miller got booked for his actions that caused Scobbie to respond, not excusing Scobbie it was s daft thing for him to do.  Miller was lucky not to have been booked earlier, he’s a dirty b*****d.

It was six and half a dozen. Miller and Scobbie head to head being silly then Miller throws himself to the ground. Ref went for the top pocket but seemed to then take advice from his linesman. 

Fair enough you both would’ve had far better views than me.

FWIW thought Miller was very lucky to stay on the park gave away 3 fouls before he got booked and could’ve been booked for any of them. I’d imagine a part of why he was hooked at half time was he might’ve got sent off. And ‘cause he was shite.

There seemed to be a number of the Falkirk support clapping at the end, I'm assuming it was aimed directly at the goalkeeper who did have a very good game. Surely no supporter would clap a performance as bad as that?

27 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Balatoni has been nursing an injury for weeks apparently. FFCTV said Watson was injured too

Ah well, fair enough. I don't suppose Hartley wanted this to get out before the match so it's understandable that nothing was said.

There seemed to be a number of the Falkirk support clapping at the end, I'm assuming it was aimed directly at the goalkeeper who did have a very good game. Surely no supporter would clap a performance as bad as that?

Yep. I was one of the stupid to stay to the end and like you said was solely aimed at Robbie Thomson.

The rest of the gutless c***s can get themselves to f**k.

The only player who didn’t get pass marks for us was Harry Lewis.  Did nothing the whole game.  :rolleyes:

Genuinely the only time we actually made him work today was an Alex Harris cross right to him. Didn’t have a shot that was within 10 yards of him. He looked thoroughly bored in the first half.

1 hour ago, DLHBairn said:

Jesus. That was fucking brutal. Thomson the only one with pass marks but every outfield player can go and won’t be missed. Didn’t realise kidd was on the bench and even then thought it was suicide sticking muirhead to lb instead of McGee. Just baffling decisions throughout

Gallagher went off before the half hour so maybe Hartley felt that Kidd couldn't handle a full hour + given he's just back from injury? That said, it should still have been Muirhead in the middle and McGhee to LB although I have heard that he is very unhappy at playing there.

2 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

We both know that if the players were committed that we could perform to a better level than this

I have not seen the game but it looks like key players that we know have potential are not performing for Hartley and have been left out as a consequence.

As a result we have half a reserve team on the park.

Still think it’s a strange midfield.

Don’t understand why Gallagher starts and can’t understand no Dunne today.

Your team are shite.

Excellent stuff today, and the only real complaint is that we should have won by more. Night and day compared to the performances under Ray McKinnon. However, it's all very well missing all those chances against relegation fodder but we can't afford to be that profligate against the better teams. It might end up costing us.

3 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

United were 6/5 for the win before the game. Like buying money. Wish I'd gone for more than the tenner I did put down.

I had them on at -1, they were 3/1.

On a double with  Middlesbrough.

vwu5k.png.82444f13e9612457ac587f2f2737a687.png

Watching Hartley's interview, he appears to think he's doing all he can off the field, but it's up to the players once they are on the park.

Yet he's ignoring the responsibility he has for putting an immobile player like Lee Miller up front, leaving the more able, younger guys like Austin and Hippolyte on the bench. 

Having said that, Miller did draw a few fouls, but the difference between his fitness a few years ago and now should be obvious to an experienced manager, playing away from home, like Hartley.

For United, no failures in the first half.  My concerns today would be our lack of replacements: Nkoyi and McMullan looked worse than some of the Bairns.

Archived