Utd v League One Favourites Falkirk

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That slides in to the top 5 worst games I have ever been to. Totally inept and spineless. Pass marks for Robbie Thomson and no one else.

Totally inept management from Hartley too when Gallacher had to go off. Fucked if I know what he was thinking.

@GazFFC sorry mate I walked straight past you on my way out but I was fucking frozen and had seen enough.

Tail between legs. Off you pop.

Guest Back Post Misses
It’s time something was done though.
lets start off by asking Hartley to explain his tactical choices and why he’s trying to impose a system that we don’t have the right personnel for. None of the usual nonsense on FTV please, just ask what we all want to know.
Onto the players. Harris and Craigen immediately spring to mind as guys I’d rather not see pull on the jersey again.  I think big Lee should be used sparingly and we need to be playing Dunne every week.

Hartley’s problem this side of Christmas is he is having to rely on players he doesn’t want and who know are not wanted so they won’t be trying a leg.

Jesus. That was fucking brutal. Thomson the only one with pass marks but every outfield player can go and won’t be missed. Didn’t realise kidd was on the bench and even then thought it was suicide sticking muirhead to lb instead of McGee. Just baffling decisions throughout

1 minute ago, JessieField said:

Don't panic boys. Because of your huge travelling support, after January, teams who are safe or in positions 2-4 towards the end of the season will donate points to keep you up.

Hadn't thought of that - good point!

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Hartley’s problem this side of Christmas is he is having to rely on players he doesn’t want and who know are not wanted so they won’t be trying a leg.

If it’s that straightforward, play youngsters surely? It’s simply couldnt be any worse than that. Though we may discover who’s good enough to step up. 

Hartleys always known he would have to wait till Christmas, so sorry but I’d expect to at least get 11 professional performances from the starting 11 HE picked. The lot of them should hand their wages back for this week. 

At a loss as to wondering what the fuk is going on but it's apparent that it's more than just players being off form. My best guess is that Hartley's put his foot in it by suggesting that not many of them will be here in January/the summer and that they've given up or are giving us a massive 'up you'.

The likes of Loy, Hippo and McKee look like they couldn't give a feck while others need players around them to be doing the business to be able to make a meaningful contribution themselves. (Austin, Dunne etc.) Would be interesting to hear what's happened to Balatoni & Watson as well. Seems a little odd that both would be injured when there was no indication before. Wouldn't be surprised if there's been a falling out!

One thing's for sure; if we go down we're fucked because our income will be drastically reduced while the overheads will still be there.

14 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

If it’s that straightforward, play youngsters surely? It’s simply couldnt be any worse than that. Though we may discover who’s good enough to step up. 

Hartleys always known he would have to wait till Christmas, so sorry but I’d expect to at least get 11 professional performances from the starting 11 HE picked. The lot of them should hand their wages back for this week. 

I agree with the sentiment, only problem would be the potential damage that it would do to some of the young guys when they're getting stuffed most weeks. Look at Gallagher as an example.

Just now, Jimmy85 said:

Mad that a huge number of Falkirk fans were predicting that their current squad of players would win the league. 

Also its quite sad to see the effect this whole debacle has had on the usually level headed Bairnardo.

Dunno abut them winning the league but there would be very few thinking they wouldn't be in the top 4, and doubt anyone saw this happening to them.

A very enjoyable watch. It is difficult to judge a manager on his first game and that is made more difficult when the opposition put in an embarrassing performance that is up there with the worst I have ever seen from a Falkirk side. Some very good performers from us and I hope that this is a sign of things to come from Laszlo going forward. 

Archived