Super Ayr vs Lewis Vaughan

2 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

First half was all about attacking and second half was all about defending.

We excelled in both departments last night and I can’t remember an Ayr team doing that for a while now.

By the way Raith fans, does your gaffer always scream and shout like that for most of the game? I thought McCall was bad for it but Smith was having a meltdown at times.

I agree, as a team we defended well for the full 90 minutes, I might just be a greedy bugger.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree, as a team we defended well for the full 90 minutes, I might just be a greedy bugger.

To be fair we should’ve been 4 up at half time so I don’t blame you for being greedy. Moffat gets himself into great positions and should have twice the number of goals this season.

2 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

To be fair we should’ve been 4 up at half time so I don’t blame you for being greedy. Moffat gets himself into great positions and should have twice the number of goals this season.

I can live with Moff not scoring as many as he should, he brings a lot more than that to the team now and actually assists in a fair number of our goals.

I would say we controlled the game second half, not defend. We could easily have came out in the same manner, but that could have exposed us allowing Raith back in. We allowed Raith to come forward a lot, but the defence were never exposed and not under too much threat. We still had chances during that period and went close a few times. The third was the icing on the cake and for me that’s the best performance this season. I would rate that better than the Killie game due to the fact we were fluent going forward as well as being solid at the back.

Moffat, penalty aside, had a good game by the way. For the Crawford goal, most players would have had a shot from 25 yards on their left foot, but he had the vision to feed it to Crawford instead. Despite being outscored by Shankland and Moore last night, I'd still always have him in the team.

For all the chat about Raith's goalkeeper, the score would have been the same regardless of whether they'd played Smith or Lennox. 

See a couple of Raith fans on their thread suggesting they start chucking the U20's in. Jesus, yous are only 3 points behind AND have a game in hand. Hardly time to whack the panic button.

ETA: Yous did get royally pumped though.

I would say we controlled the game second half, not defend. We could easily have came out in the same manner, but that could have exposed us allowing Raith back in. We allowed Raith to come forward a lot, but the defence were never exposed and not under too much threat. We still had chances during that period and went close a few times. The third was the icing on the cake and for me that’s the best performance this season. I would rate that better than the Killie game due to the fact we were fluent going forward as well as being solid at the back.

Yeah you’re maybe right. It’s not as if Raith really tested our defence to the limit as it was pretty comfortable.

We just sat back until they had thrown everyone forward and then broke on them with a superb move.

Don’t know if it was a better performance than the Killie game but it’s the best game I’ve been at since then.

I can live with Moff not scoring as many as he should, he brings a lot more than that to the team now and actually assists in a fair number of our goals.

Moffat, penalty aside, had a good game by the way. For the Crawford goal, most players would have had a shot from 25 yards on their left foot, but he had the vision to feed it to Crawford instead. Despite being outscored by Shankland and Moore last night, I'd still always have him in the team.

Absolutely, but I can see where Pars fans were coming from when they said he wastes a lot of chances.

Can’t believe folk were saying last night that he had a bad game just because he missed a penalty.

Archived