Super Ayr vs Lewis Vaughan

Just now, somerset_lad00 said:

Sad thing is some people will be happy to see the back of him. Out of all the players we’ve brought through Forrest etc, he’s been the biggest success and I never thought it’d happen after he was frozen out a bit under Roberts.

McCall knew he was a top player from day one and he has come on leaps and bounds since then.

Sounds like some of our fans view of Ross Callahan. Since we sold him our drive and energy in midfield hasn't been the same yet apparently he was pish according to some 

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

We sang it pretty much every home game last season including the games against Raith and no other team has complained as far as I’m aware.

Doubt anyone would take offence to it.

Genuinely never heard it before. Mind you in previous games I was probably too focused on the game. Sadly tonight there wasn't much to focus on from our end 

Didn't Hamilton offer Crawford a trial at the end of last season, not sure if he took it up or not. Agree he's away at the end of the season, but that's more to do with him wanting a fresh challenge at a bigger club than anything else, can't blame him for that.

34 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Not much else to add to my post at half time. Improved in the second half but Ayr still held us comfortably. Court did more in 5 minutes than Zanatta did the first 45, although he faded out of the game a bit later. Easy Ayr win but singing about winning the league a bit premature. Three points having played a game more hardly in the unassailable category. Mind you, better than a song using 'black' as a derogatory term in 2017 no matter what the local folksy meaning is. Dear me.

35 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Not much else to add to my post at half time. Improved in the second half but Ayr still held us comfortably. Court did more in 5 minutes than Zanatta did the first 45, although he faded out of the game a bit later. Easy Ayr win but singing about winning the league a bit premature. Three points having played a game more hardly in the unassailable category. Mind you, better than a song using 'black' as a derogatory term in 2017 no matter what the local folksy meaning is. Dear me.

1yf2kq.jpg

Didn't Hamilton offer Crawford a trial at the end of last season, not sure if he took it up or not. Agree he's away at the end of the season, but that's more to do with him wanting a fresh challenge at a bigger club than anything else, can't blame him for that.

Livi were interested as well I think. He looked to be off but signed a new deal at the last minute.

When he goes it’ll be disappointing but like Devlin I have no doubts he’ll do well and make a success of it. Hopefully he gets better support from his new fans as well.

37 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Livi were interested as well I think. He looked to be off but signed a new deal at the last minute.

When he goes it’ll be disappointing but like Devlin I have no doubts he’ll do well and make a success of it. Hopefully he gets better support from his new fans as well.

First I've heard about it, is he any good?

21 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

First I've heard about it, is he any good?

At the end of last season he would have been a good signing for Livingstone but full time football has moved him a level further, I would expect, if we don't get money for him at Christmas, he'll move down south in the summer

2 hours ago, ayrmad said:

If I wasn't heterosexual I'd be be stalking big Jamie, you just know he wanted 3 or 4 of them to come in and kick lumps out of him when he took it into the corner, the big man takes a power of punishment and just gets on with it.

I feel my 'summer of Adams' couldn't have been vindicated any more by his past 8 weeks.  

Screenshot_20171020-140807.thumb.jpg.2893494cd55fea5beea9168d39e53839.jpg

Folk wanted to punt him and keep Cairney, SMH.

34 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

At the end of last season he would have been a good signing for Livingstone but full time football has moved him a level further, I would expect, if we don't get money for him at Christmas, he'll move down south in the summer

#saddlers 

1 hour ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Sad thing is some people will be happy to see the back of him. Out of all the players we’ve brought through Forrest etc, he’s been the biggest success and I never thought it’d happen after he was frozen out a bit under Roberts.

McCall knew he was a top player from day one and he has come on leaps and bounds since then.

He was suffering from glandular fever for a while.

1 hour ago, wuffster said:

Its magic seeing the North Terrace looking so busy in the highlights.  

Btw did i see two other cameras up with you tonight, presuming one was Raith, what was the other? 

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

He was suffering from glandular fever for a while.

He was also due to break into the team the season before Roberts took over but had a big injury that kept him out. 

I'd love him to stick about but i just hope he gets a good move and not some garbage like Livi or Falkirk (for example).  Needs a bit of work with better coaches than we have but im sure he will have a really good career. 

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

Its magic seeing the North Terrace looking so busy in the highlights.  

Btw did i see two other cameras up with you tonight, presuming one was Raith, what was the other? 

North Terrace looked good tonight. Both cameras from Raith (1 for the manager, 1 for the fans). A few teams do the same.

Just now, wuffster said:

North Terrace looked good tonight. Both cameras from Raith (1 for the manager, 1 for the fans). A few teams do the same.

Thank you!

I like the prospect of him having to sit through the 90 minutes again in the morning.  

On ‎04‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 18:41, Hank Scorpio said:

This is coming at quite a bad time for us. We’ve been pish for a few weeks and Ayr are flying. Benedictus is still a month or so away and Lennox is only just back for the 20s so unlikely he’ll come in. Davidson will be back from suspension so he’ll likely partner Murray at centre half with Robertson going back in to centre mid along side Herron with Matthews making way. Wasn’t at the derby today but I see Spence was hooked again. Surely time for a change up front? Him and Buchanan patently isn’t working, somehow.

Only the Rovers could fork out two strikers who scored about 40 league goals between them last season, play them up front together and it not be fruitful.

WTF have you done to Buchanan, he was League One's best player last season.

Archived