Super Ayr vs Lewis Vaughan

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Returning to the Championship might have been on his mind when he signed, but now with him scoring, and assuming he's enjoying himself, you'd think he'd want to stay for the season.
The danger is that he waits to the last minute before deciding, and if he goes, not leaving us enough time to get a replacement. McCall will have to start broaching the subject in the next few weeks.

Absolutely. Did McCall not mention in a post match interview recently that he had already brought it up, but said it in a jokey way? I'm usually half cut by the time I watch the interviews so can't remember the specifics...

Not much else to add to my post at half time. Improved in the second half but Ayr still held us comfortably. Court did more in 5 minutes than Zanatta did the first 45, although he faded out of the game a bit later. Easy Ayr win but singing about winning the league a bit premature. Three points having played a game more hardly in the unassailable category. Mind you, better than a song using 'black' as a derogatory term in 2017 no matter what the local folksy meaning is. Dear me.

It's hard to fathom the galactic level of stupidity required to not understand that black in this context refers to questionable hygiene rather than racial characteristics. 

Kudos.

Arguably it's the height of stupidity to continue using the term when society has clearly made it unacceptable.

Having to explain its local meaning continuously is pretty annoying.

Arguably it's the height of stupidity to continue using the term when society has clearly made it unacceptable.

Having to explain its local meaning continuously is pretty annoying.

There’s no reason to change it just because some people think it means something else. The Ayr fans understand it and that’s all that matters.

55 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

What the f**k formation were Raith playing in the second half? I think it confused us for a while as it went from 442 to 343 and then Smith lost the plot and I couldn't work out who was playing where!

Geggan at right mid was inspired, completely neutralised Vaughan and sucked the life out of them. Robbie showed him how to do it though.

Bizarre formation 

44 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

I'll drive him personally to the foot of the Hampden steps. One of the worst loanees I've ever seen.

Scott Roberts

Jordan Thompson

We've had a fair collection of them recently and he still manages to stand out.

That's a bit ominous sounding from McCall in the interview about Crawford, sounds like there was a few scouts there tonight to see him.

Tbh I was under the impression this would be his last season.

No surprise there’s interest in him and it will only increase after tonight. Some lovely moves from him in midfield and a superb goal.

3 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Would these Rovers fans be bringing this up had they won 3-0 tonight?

There’s your answer.  Seething they were royally pumped. 

Probably, because it's a surprising term to still be hearing at a football ground. 

Would be highly surprised if anyone is seething. Everyone told you we have been pish for weeks and would lose. Wasn't really a shock to us 

1 minute ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Tbh I was under the impression this would be his last season.

No surprise there’s interest in him and it will only increase after tonight. Some lovely moves from him in midfield and a superb goal.

To be honest it’ll be no surprise when he’s off. Over his tenure the supporters attitude to him has been dreadful.

To be honest it’ll be no surprise when he’s off. Over his tenure the supporters attitude to him has been dreadful.

Sad thing is some people will be happy to see the back of him. Out of all the players we’ve brought through Forrest etc, he’s been the biggest success and I never thought it’d happen after he was frozen out a bit under Roberts.

McCall knew he was a top player from day one and he has come on leaps and bounds since then.

Probably, because it's a surprising term to still be hearing at a football ground. 
Would be highly surprised if anyone is seething. Everyone told you we have been pish for weeks and would lose. Wasn't really a shock to us 

We sang it pretty much every home game last season including the games against Raith and no other team has complained as far as I’m aware.

Doubt anyone would take offence to it.

Archived