Super Ayr vs Lewis Vaughan

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really think it's down to the garbage goalkeeper. 

I know it's been said before but I really don't see what Smith gave us that Brian couldn't, in terms of ability. He's maybe more experienced, but that doesn't mean better. I don't imagine we're paying him very much, what with his coaching gig at Rangers, but it could have been the difference between us getting the cover we actually needed and the position we find ourselves in now.

2 minutes ago, kev23 said:

I know it's been said before but I really don't see what Smith gave us that Brian couldn't, in terms of ability. He's maybe more experienced, but that doesn't mean better. I don't imagine we're paying him very much, what with his coaching gig at Rangers, but it could have been the difference between us getting the cover we actually needed and the position we find ourselves in now.

Smith is an experienced keeper who turns defenders into quivering wrecks. It really does no bode well for our youth system if we are playing rejects like him.

Smith is an experienced keeper who turns defenders into quivering wrecks. It really does no bode well for our youth system if we are playing rejects like him.

Spot on. Our our youth products are simply not good enough, in which case what's the point in having the system, or Smith doesn't like playing them, in which case why was he given the job when that was part of his remit?

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

Peterhead didn't relegate themselves, they had his help

1 minute ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Spot on. Our our youth products are simply not good enough, in which case what's the point in having the system, or Smith doesn't like playing them, in which case why was he given the job when that was part of his remit?

Brian is easily better than Smith, McKay is passable as cover and Court over Zanatta any day. Smith can't seriously have watched Saturday and thought this pish was the answer.

Hard to believe that we could perform worse than on Saturday.  Second to every 50/50. Second to every header. Haven’t won a second ball all night. Vaughan looked crocked just before half time so pretty much game over for us I suspect. 

Hard to single someone out given how shit we are but Zanatta is a waste of space. His dive was probably the most embarrassing I’ve witnessed in a Raith shirt. How Johnny Court is sitting on the bench behind a loan player who is so shit is astounding.

The only consolation is that Ayr should be out of sight. A quick goal and you never know.  Unlikely though 

I can understand the theory behind bringing in an experienced goalkeeper ahead of a youth player. You're trading off a lack of agility for the experience and ability to talk other players through the game. Any credibility that Smith had, however, evaporated with the goal he threw away at Coatbridge. That's exactly the kind of situation that he shouldn't be getting in to. 

It reminds me of the McNeil/McGurn situation. Theoretically, it made perfect sense to choose a full-time keeper over a part-time one during a high-pressure run-in - but in reality? Madness. 

Giving it “what’s the point in the system” when we’ve sold numerous products to teams in leagues above us in the past few years and start two youth products tonight, one of whom is our best player, makes the phrase a bit invalid.

Whit?????

Took a real sore one just before the HT whistle clearing one off Moffat. Limped around very gingerly, barely moving, for a few minutes then hobbled off down the tunnel. Imagine he’s on the treatment table being given the magic prayer rub.

Brian is easily better than Smith, McKay is passable as cover and Court over Zanatta any day. Smith can't seriously have watched Saturday and thought this pish was the answer.

Totally agree. Nobody saying McKay should be playing every week but give the lad a chance, especially when this is the alternative. His treatment of Court is awful.

We all knew this would happen tonight and Smith is solely to blame for it.

Giving it “what’s the point in the system” when we’ve sold numerous products to teams in leagues above us in the past few years and start two youth products tonight, one of whom is our best player, makes the phrase a bit invalid.

I gave 2 options. Believe me I don't think our youth are bad. It's the manager who seems to be the only one not willing to give them a proper chance

Archived