Super Ayr vs Lewis Vaughan

28 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Sorry to clog the thread with questions but does anyone know if the bowling club will be open for visitors to inebriate themselves?

I thought you needed a member to sign you in but I could be wrong about that.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve been feeling for a few weeks now that things are potentially coming to a head from a Rovers point of view, and can see it coming tonight.

We’ve been bumbling along since about the start of September now, and can see us getting a bit of a hiding tonight, especially if the Courier was right with team news.

If McHattie and Davidson do miss out, then presumably Thomson switched sides, Watson comes in at RB, and Robertson moves back to CH.

Considering Herron and Matthews have toiled against part-time midfields for weeks now, I don’t hold out much hope for them against Ayr.

2 or 3 nil to Ayr, and Rovers fans to go absolutely radge.

And now Raith are second in league two and Danny Lennon is manager of one of the worst clubs in the country.  Bayern have done alright though.
Funny how things work out...

I hadn't realised Danny Lennon was managing Clyde now. I fancied him for the Rovers job. Schooled by P&B again.

Praying Lennox is in goal tonight, think it could make a big difference. It's no coincidence that our form has gotten worse the longer Smith has kept goal. Hopefully Ayr still have their clown of a goalkeeper that gifted us a win at Starks? Hope Herron and Spence take a turn on the bench for Court and Mathews though I doubt that will happen. 

Reckon it will be a high scoring thriller. Vaughan will run riot and score atleast 3.

I hadn't realised Danny Lennon was managing Clyde now. I fancied him for the Rovers job. Schooled by P&B again.

It was only today so you get a bit of wriggle room for catching up

11 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Praying Lennox is in goal tonight, think it could make a big difference. It's no coincidence that our form has gotten worse the longer Smith has kept goal. Hopefully Ayr still have their clown of a goalkeeper that gifted us a win at Starks? Hope Herron and Spence take a turn on the bench for Court and Mathews though I doubt that will happen. 

Reckon it will be a high scoring thriller. Vaughan will run riot and score atleast 3.

You got down to the pub early.

29 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Aberdeen away esque performance tonight 

What a night. Probably the best away game I've been on just for the shock value alone. I must've posted my thoughts on it a dozen times with my recollections of the game. Beating Rangers in the Challenge Cup final was brilliant, but we knew going into that game we had a chance given how much dross they had in their team. Aberdeen we had 1 fit defender and they had about 1 shot on target all game. 

Were you at the game Hit The Channel?

On this evenings fixture, I'm actually quite looking forward to it, which is probably a bad thing.  Another bad thing is the majority of Ayr supporters on this thread have a similar feeling to me regarding the game & are feeling positive regarding the potential result.  Raith fans, on the other hand, are dreading the game & think they'll be beaten comfortably.

Normally in this situation, the reality will be that Ayr will play rotten, Raith will find a bit of form, score a couple of screamers & win the game.  We'll start calling for McCall to go again & slating a couple of players who had a bad game, probably the wee keeper Hart & the wee midfielder Gilmour.

Score prediction:

Ayr United 1-2 Raith Rovers

Nah, we seem to rely on Lewis Vaughan too much. We really have been poor of late

Zanatta. Fucking christ.  Just give them the points.

A lot better than having Spence swanning about up there doing f**k all.

At least with Zanatta, he might finally be able to con the ref wth one of his dives in the box.

Also Zanatta has 2 less league goals than Spence despite having only had an eighth of the playing time that Spence has had.

Court would have probably been a better option but at least Spence is dropped.

Archived