Super Ayr vs Lewis Vaughan

Ayr are due a result against us. Think Tuesday is the night for it to happen. Bookies have them favourites in this one too. I’d say that’s right. Would take a draw all day right now.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not going to post what I think will happen tomorrow night but I'm buzzing with anticipation for this match, can't say I've been itching to attend too many games in the last year or so.

Yup - looking forward to this one. Not made as many games as normal so far this season but really enjoyed the Stranraer game the other week.

34 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Yup - looking forward to this one. Not made as many games as normal so far this season but really enjoyed the Stranraer game the other week.

In all honesty, I've had a hellish year personally or I'd have managed more games(missed a couple at The Stadium of Delight), watching them gubbing a decent Albion side while not playing that well did fill me with hope for this season, hopefully tomorrow under the lights will be a 2017 highlight for myself.

I'm trying to flip this round and imagine if the shoe was on the other foot and I was reading heaps of excitement from Rovers fans ahead of this game and talk of 'showdown under the lights', drums, banners, best team we've had in ages etc I'd be pretty much convinced we'd be setting ourselves up for a fall. On that note hopefully we ruin your night :)

12 minutes ago, Raithie said:

I'm trying to flip this round and imagine if the shoe was on the other foot and I was reading heaps of excitement from Rovers fans ahead of this game and talk of 'showdown under the lights', drums, banners, best team we've had in ages etc I'd be pretty much convinced we'd be setting ourselves up for a fall. On that note hopefully we ruin your night :)

The grounds would be empty if we all took the opposite approach, it's the hope and expectation that keep most of us diddy fans going to games, if I always thought I'll be happy scraping a draw I'd just stay in and watch River City.

No carryout shops near Newton on ayr that will be open at that time I dont think .you could take a visit to the cargo shop in lochside slightly off track and you might get kidnapped probably not worth it tbh .you will get a good beer and burger in the brooklyn diner at the top of town .enjoy

Any kind individual recommend anywhere to eat near Ayr Station? Nothing fancy, just somewhere to get a beer and a burger etc.?
Also - is there an off license or shop anywhere near Newton-on-Ayr station to grab a can for the train back to Central? (thanks in advance!)

If you get off at Newton on Ayr, turn right onto the main road and just down on the right hand side is @home Thai & Grill, it's magic!

6 minutes ago, HeathrowAUFC said:

If you get off at Newton on Ayr, turn right onto the main road and just down on the right hand side is @home Thai & Grill, it's magic!

you'd be lucky without a reservation though!

1 hour ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Any kind individual recommend anywhere to eat near Ayr Station? Nothing fancy, just somewhere to get a beer and a burger etc.?

Also - is there an off license or shop anywhere near Newton-on-Ayr station to grab a can for the train back to Central? (thanks in advance!)

There's plenty about at the top of the town, Tam O'Shanter in the High Street is decent or even try the West Kirk in the Sandgate (it's a Wetherspoons), although they both are slightly out of the way for walking to Somerset

Don't think the wee shop across from the Newton station on Tams Brig sells booze, fairly sure it's just a newsagents and it would be shut after the game anyway

Are you rushing to get the train? Cos the booze shops I can think of are all a fair walk away from the station!

2 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

We did beat them last season and we’ve got a better head to head against them.

I'm just trying to play it down. 

I was very confident after they were scudded by The Sons.

Now, I'm worried we are set up for a fall.

All this rovers chat of "happy with a draw" is playing games with my mind.

1 hour ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Brooklyn Cafe at the top of the town is very decent. Have a look on their Facebook if you have it.

Unfortinateky for the cerryout yer humped. If you’re desperate for one on the train back (a suppose you will be drowning yer sorrows) buy one before and stash it somewhere :lol:

4 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Brooklyn Cafe at the top of the town is very decent. Have a look on their Facebook if you have it.

Unfortinateky for the cerryout yer humped. If you’re desperate for one on the train back (a suppose you will be drowning yer sorrows) buy one before and stash it somewhere :lol:

Just tell me where you are stashing it, I'll make sure it's looked after.

Archived