Goalstoday

fan of the juniors

Never was the best. So he’s not coming to training or games?

He signed a 2 year deal the start of the season & fans , new management, etc were happy that he did especially Budgie as he thought Raff was a player he could build the team around . 1st pre season game doesn’t start well & he immediately asks for a move away . Not been seen in a while . Not missed

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talbot 2-2 Beith.

Thanks to both sides for producing an exciting game,in sometimes atrocious conditions. And the Talbot ground crew for providing a pitch which looked in good condition,even at time up.

Beith took an early lead after 3mns when Talbot midfielder Steven White, played a loose ball behind his defenders,Beith striker Thomas Collins reacted like a Hound on a Hare & showed good composure to finish from 6yds.

Beith were reduced to 10 men when midfielder Paul Frize was involved in a tussle inside the centre circle.

Talbot introduced Klark Thompson, & Gareth Armstrong,into the action & immediately they started to pose Beith some problems.

Beith however went further in front when Willie Lyle showed good skill when he cushioned a header on his 6yd line, unfortunately for Willie,Beith’s Richard Burke was standing a yard behind him, Richard stepped forward & put the ball in the Talbot net.

Deadliest striker in the game at the moment Talbots Graham Wilson got his side back into the game with 5mns to play, when he scored with a diving header from 6yds.

Talbots best player Kyle Faulds got his side a share of the spoils when he blasted high into the Beith net from 20yds, in the last minute of the game.

MOM, I couldn’t separate Beith’s John Sheridan, Kevin McDonald, & Tommy Martin, they were tremendous.

Referee Mr Garry Doherty, stood no nonsense, got more correct than he got wrong. He & his assistants contributed to a fine afternoons entertainment.

Talbot 2-2 Beith.

Thanks to both sides for producing an exciting game,in sometimes atrocious conditions. And the Talbot ground crew for providing a pitch which looked in good condition,even at time up.
Beith took an early lead after 3mns when Talbot midfielder Steven White, played a loose ball behind his defenders,Beith striker Thomas Collins reacted like a Hound on a Hare & showed good composure to finish from 6yds.
Beith were reduced to 10 men when midfielder Paul Frize was involved in a tussle inside the centre circle.
Talbot introduced Klark Thompson, & Gareth Armstrong,into the action & immediately they started to pose Beith some problems.
Beith however went further in front when Willie Lyle showed good skill when he cushioned a header on his 6yd line, unfortunately for Willie,Beith’s Richard Burke was standing a yard behind him, Richard stepped forward & put the ball in the Talbot net.
Deadliest striker in the game at the moment Talbots Graham Wilson his side back into the game with 5mns to play, when he scored with a diving header from 6yds.
Talbots best player Kyle Faulds got his side a share of the spoils when he blasted high into the Beith net from 20yds, in the last minute of the game.
MOM, I couldn’t separate Beith’s John Sheridan, Kevin McDonald, & Tommy Martin, they were tremendous.
Referee Mr Garry Doherty, stood no nonsense, got more correct than he got wrong. He & his assistants contributed to a fine afternoons entertainment.

Reading your report & getting the texts from folk at the game it sounds like the ball took a hell of a beating especially if Sheridan is yer man of the match. The big man was by 2 seasons ago & should have chucked it when they got the cup on pens . Only Millars stubbornness ensures he still gets a game . Any side worth their salt gets the ball down & makes him look the 38 year old player he is. Only fervent Beith diehards will disagree with me

I’m never 1 for promoting the opposition but I have to say that I was hugely impressed with Penicuik today . We weren’t at the races today & I thought Kieran could & should have done better with both their goals but they always wanted to get the ball down & play it. Far & away the best we’ve faced this season

Have to give you credit for being able to type that with pennycooks boaby in yer gub

Berts 4 Kirkcaldy 1    a hope YM make it tae the end of the season as there having a bad time o it, Berts no bad but wulnae get promoted

You would think that the size of Kirkcaldy they could field a decent team

I’m never 1 for promoting the opposition but I have to say that I was hugely impressed with Penicuik today . We weren’t at the races today & I thought Kieran could & should have done better with both their goals but they always wanted to get the ball down & play it. Far & away the best we’ve faced this season

I'd say that was a fair appraisal. Penicuik played a lot of good football and wasted some glorious chances. Ladeside have got good pace up front though and always looked dangerous. Thought KL missed Sweeney as the number 4 left your centre backs exposed time and time again. Entertaining game though and enjoyed chatting to the Penicuik boys during the first half.

Reading your report & getting the texts from folk at the game it sounds like the ball took a hell of a beating especially if Sheridan is yer man of the match. The big man was by 2 seasons ago & should have chucked it when they got the cup on pens . Only Millars stubbornness ensures he still gets a game . Any side worth their salt gets the ball down & makes him look the 38 year old player he is. Only fervent Beith diehards will disagree with me

You insinuating big John lacks a bit of pace, f ?

Yes I did via a live stream from 1 of the msc lads fantastic vocal support from the lads too. Did you see your teams 2nd as the stand had emptied by then. Would loved to have been up for this but poppy weekend so no chance.

I thought poppy day was 11/11 not 4/11 but never mind I am sure kenny has said before he would never go to beechwood just an excuse

26 minutes ago, alister77 said:

I thought poppy day was 11/11 not 4/11 but never mind I am sure kenny has said before he would never go to beechwood just an excuse

Well it maybe just the 1 day on the 11th for you but not for me, but I don't mind that as it should be honoured appropriately and it's never a chore . As for beechwood  quote it's 1 of the best venues against 1 of the best teams been twice before and would again if I am able to get back that weekend. 

1 hour ago, fan of the juniors said:

I am indeed . I’ve seen an oak tree turn faster than the big man does . No one better
when the ball is up & at him though

I'd have him and McLaughlin as a pair before any other partnership in the league.

Well it maybe just the 1 day on the 11th for you but not for me, but I don't mind that as it should be honoured appropriately and it's never a chore . As for beechwood  quote it's 1 of the best venues against 1 of the best teams been twice before and would again if I am able to get back that weekend. 

Hypocritical of you is it not?
Have you not had a go at other posters on here for not attending games due to work commitments or geography?

12 minutes ago, JuniorMan said:

Hypocritical of you is it not?
Have you not had a go at other posters on here for not attending games due to work commitments or geography?

No as it was just friendly personnel banter between 2 exiles as such, but does it make me less of fan I can't attend games on a regular basis due to serving , before I did take that career path it was my weekend fix, big games no matter what country I live in I make sure I, m there.

No as it was just friendly personnel banter between 2 exiles as such, but does it make me less of fan I can't attend games on a regular basis due to serving , before I did take that career path it was my weekend fix, big games no matter what country I live in I make sure I, m there.

It was certainly personal from what I remember reading with you and your sidekicks personally hounding a certain poster about where he lived and not attending games.

Archived