Blues vs Spiders

Give yerself an extra 45minutes or so to get there. Its only taken 4 years but finally they have started work on the landslip problem just north of cairnryan. Hopefully the closure will result in it being permanently repaired however i'm not convinced. Girvan to newton stewart then along A75 to Stranraer.
Not making the journey myself from Glasgow just like a good few other Blues fans as we got diverted at the last home game after floods and only seeing 38mins against raith.

21 hours ago, Blue1870 said:

Give yerself an extra 45minutes or so to get there. Its only taken 4 years but finally they have started work on the landslip problem just north of cairnryan. Hopefully the closure will result in it being permanently repaired however i'm not convinced. Girvan to newton stewart then along A75 to Stranraer.
Not making the journey myself from Glasgow just like a good few other Blues fans as we got diverted at the last home game after floods and only seeing 38mins against raith.

Thanks for this information. Totally forgot this was this weekend. Will need to go straight down from work today. Not the best of roads if I remember correctly. 

First one a good team goal, opportunistic stuff from Wallace to get the third although the cameraman missed most of it :whistle

Queen's Park failed to deal with balls into the box all game. Barron could've scored with another header and Bell had an effort cleared off the line.

As comfortable a win as we've had all season.

Poor game - Stranraer didn't play that well but won 3-0. Queens Park were terrible apart from a wee spell at the start of the 2nd half where they should have scored.  Felt for the Queens Park fans as they headed back onto that bus and on their way home via a diversion. Fair play to anyone from Glasgow who makes that choice - sadly its going to be a struggle against relegation if they keep playing like that.   

Useful 3 points for Stranraer - 3 goals and a clean sheet can never be bad.  First goal was good and good composure for the 3rd. 

1 hour ago, tuckersloan said:

Felt for the Queens Park fans as they headed back onto that bus and on their way home via a diversion.

Cheers mate. Always a disappointment when some of our players can't take the time to show their appreciation. Well done to Anton Brady for showing willing, followed by a few others. Most went down the tunnel. Wouldn't do the coach any harm to show a bit of respect too. The guys who stayed to the bitter end have all been part of this club much longer than he has.

My last throw at positivity that we might kick-on in this round of games has been wasted. Defence is a shambles - have a look athe video clip at the first goal, how many are watching the ball rather than marking a player. There was an attack just before that where 3 simple passes took out our entire defence. Attack is non-existent. Mistakes are being made by individuals who were very good last year - how's that then? Confidence shot? Fear of mistakes? Pusnishment? Public humiliation? It's sad to see experienced players yesterday, like Burns and Gibson, roaring at young new players who han't actually done anything at all. 

Completely FUBAR.

Day summed up by half the away support heading to the pub at half-time and the rest standing in the long queue for the pie stall most of the second half

Previous visits to Stranraer have seen everyone in the wee shed getting fully behind the team.

As football fans we always have hope but even that seemed to evaporate on Saturday ( they do say it's the hope that kills you )

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

At least we don't charge £2.50ish for a cup of fucking tea at Stair Park :)

Aye, the scran at yer ground was pretty damn good value for money it has to be said.

I should also be said that the catering prices at Hampden are nothing to do with us and we don't see a penny of it. Sodexho has a contract in place for their overpriced rubbish with the SFA for all events at Hampden. They also have the contract for the staff canteen in my work and it's just as bad....40p for a fucking banana!  

Archived