Ayrshire Teams 1992

Were  hurlford at it even bk then lol

Beat me to it.

Can someone confirm that Eglinton were banned from amateurs after a less than perfect disciplinary record? This legend was discussed a lot amongst youngsters growing up in Kilwinning.

11 minutes ago, The chassis said:

Showing your age now ladeside lol

I was a youngster back then, ran with a squad of about 15 players with 3 of whom have passed away since then, think was the 1st season the pass back rule came in when goalie could n,t pick up.

Guest Moomintroll

Beat me to it.

Can someone confirm that Eglinton were banned from amateurs after a less than perfect disciplinary record? This legend was discussed a lot amongst youngsters growing up in Kilwinning.

Don't remember that happening to Eglinton but Kilwinning Town got kicked out. Were on a final warning for discipline and after being reported by a ref for a few players swearing at him after a game, I think up in Largs, they got booted.

I was a youngster back then, ran with a squad of about 15 players with 3 of whom have passed away since then, think was the 1st season the pass back rule came in when goalie could n,t pick up.

Your dead on yes 92-93 was the season the passback rule was brought in.

Guest Moomintroll
10 minutes ago, xnxx said:

Heathside didn't they win the Scottish Cup?

Won it twice in the early nineties I'm sure  but cant remember if that was one of the years, might have been as  one of the years they won it was 94 and they didn't retain it so would have been 91 or 92 the other time.

23 hours ago, ladeside77 said:

Was Ronald Speirs the goalie around that time?

23 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

Don't remember that happening to Eglinton but Kilwinning Town got kicked out. Were on a final warning for discipline and after being reported by a ref for a few players swearing at him after a game, I think up in Largs, they got booted.

Maybe that was it.

8 minutes ago, The chassis said:

Was it not cherk? Did spiersy no play for valley? 

Not sure I used to go watch a team in Kilbirnie but I was 6 at the time - family friend was Ronald.

17 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Was Ronald Speirs the goalie around that time?

He was the back up goalie was Ronnie, played a few games when other goalie could n,t make it, aye him and his brother and father were absolute die-hard Killie fans.

Archived