Most underrated player in your team

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say it would be Chris McLaughlin for us. A guy who's seriously inexperienced, yet slotted into the Daniel Harvie shaped hole in our defence with ease - and would be one of most people's first names on the teamsheet. He's improving defensively week-on-week and has a belting left foot on him. I suspect, even at this early stage, that he may well be following guys like Gregor Buchanan and Andy Stirling into full-time Championship football in the not too distant future.

Hard one for us, Morgan and Smith steal the headlines. Reilly scoring goals and grafts hard.

I'd go for either Baird or Samson. Baird has had a few heads gone moments and we have conceded a few this season but he's stepped in and we are top of the league, he's getting better with the more game time he gets.

Most opposing fans on here laughed at us signing Sammy, even some Saints fans were furious. He pulls off at least 1 cracking save a game, sometimes game changing saves, and has generally been a safe pair of hands.

Samson or Eckersley for me. Samson is one of the best keepers in the league right now, and having seen some of the horrorshow's other keepers have had against us this season, you realise how lucky we are to have got him. For Eckersley, he's nothing flash, but we are a better team when he plays. He's decent enough going forward, and solid at the back. He's not as exciting or fun to watch as Stelios, but he's a better player.

I think Samson might the best keeper in the division, I haven't seen anyone so far who I'd have ahead of him.

Eckersley possibly for the reasons stated, but I get the impression that everyone thinks he's an important player. Michael Stewart on Saturday was saying that Hearts have never replaced him.

I'd probably say Baird, as there are still some fans who think he's shite. He was excellent toward the end of last season, and has pretty much continued that this season. 

Alan Lithgow is prob the player in our team that is most underrated, he's overshadowed by Halkett and Gallagher but he's been tremendous for us this season and isn't just a no nonsense boot it anywhere defender, he has some good skills about him too and plays some fantastic long passes over the top.

52 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

I think Samson might the best keeper in the division, I haven't seen anyone so far who I'd have ahead of him.

Eckersley possibly for the reasons stated, but I get the impression that everyone thinks he's an important player. Michael Stewart on Saturday was saying that Hearts have never replaced him.

I'd probably say Baird, as there are still some fans who think he's shite. He was excellent toward the end of last season, and has pretty much continued that this season. 

I thought Baird was excellent against Falkirk in our last fixture. A better CB to pair with him would be one of the best in the division. He seemed like he constantly had to cover for Buchanan throughout the game; I'm not sure if this is a regular occurrence or just an off game for your other centre back though.

Just now, wee_bairn said:

I thought Baird was excellent against Falkirk in our last fixture. A better CB to pair with him would be one of the best in the division. He seemed like he constantly had to cover for Buchanan throughout the game; I'm not sure if this is a regular occurrence or just an off game for your other centre back though.

Totally agree, he was our best player against Falkirk. Buchanan is ok, he was poor against Falkirk though.

Archived