Alloa v Airdrie 4th Nov

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 wins in a row alway propel the said club upwards at alarming rates, we were win draw win draw last season which hampered us a bit .

sound display today but first twenty minutes we were gash !, should have won by more (missed penalty Arrrgh ) PJ was awesome but sometimes a wee bit greedy

fleming is doing the biz now in that deep midfield role , good on him looks a lot happier with the fans off his back  :-)

Very happy on a saturday night for the third week in a row, no failures today. Stevie hetherington motm for me also.

Garry could possibly be the new simmy that we haven’t had since simmy.

Airdrie offered nothing really, certainly offered nothing close to what they did last term.

Credit to jim and the lads today and the last 3 weeks.

First goal is so important and once Alloa got it we never looked like coming back. To point out that we were slightly better in the first 25-30 minutes and should have scored, but  Fry missed an open goal, might just be grasping at straws. Agree we offered practically nothing in the second half tho Parry had to make a good save from Stewart. We gave Hetherington an easy day by sitting off for so long, and I was impressed by your no 10  whereas we rarely got up the park to support Furtado. Thought Alloa were as usual a better drilled team  but our squad of loanees and short term deals will struggle all season, which is is getting longer by the week as Forfar creep up on us. When you take out Russell and Ryan from last season's side you can understand what has happened to our poorly run club. It was also freezing and wet  in that wee tent before the game kicked off, so I should have been geared up for climbing the nearby Ochils, which did look excellent as the sun finally came back out- a far better view than Broomfield!

7 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

First goal is so important and once Alloa got it we never looked like coming back. To point out that we were slightly better in the first 25-30 minutes and should have scored, but  Fry missed an open goal, might just be grasping at straws. Agree we offered practically nothing in the second half tho Parry had to make a good save from Stewart. We gave Hetherington an easy day by sitting off for so long, and I was impressed by your no 10  whereas we rarely got up the park to support Furtado. Thought Alloa were as usual a better drilled team  but our squad of loanees and short term deals will struggle all season, which is is getting longer by the week as Forfar creep up on us. When you take out Russell and Ryan from last season's side you can understand what has happened to our poorly run club. It was also freezing and wet  in that wee tent before the game kicked off, so I should have been geared up for climbing the nearby Ochils, which did look excellent as the sun finally came back out- a far better view than Broomfield!

yeah the view is nice , did you see the massive double rainbow behind the "tent gazebo" 10 mins before the start ?

some nice walks in the ochils if you are that way inclined , yep airdrie are a bit sparse in comparison to last years team which i thought was unlucky at times ,

you seemed organised but lacking in that quality up front that you need ,  hard to say how well we played but 3 wins in a row all good , as usual this "league " is nuts , and tight as a gnats chuff as usual you can go from 7th to 3rd with a couple of good results all season long it seems .

31 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

yeah the view is nice , did you see the massive double rainbow behind the "tent gazebo" 10 mins before the start ?

some nice walks in the ochils if you are that way inclined , yep airdrie are a bit sparse in comparison to last years team which i thought was unlucky at times ,

you seemed organised but lacking in that quality up front that you need ,  hard to say how well we played but 3 wins in a row all good , as usual this "league " is nuts , and tight as a gnats chuff as usual you can go from 7th to 3rd with a couple of good results all season long it seems .

I did indeed spot it around the corner as the rain cleared and it is great view. You can get quite a good one from Dumbarton's ground and I once thought of writing an account but I gave up after Cappielow! I have done all the tops in the Ochils over the years and they offer great ridge walking/horseshoes/good paths once you conquer the steep starts! Our problems are obviously on the park but they stem from our "disappeared" former major share holder. Yes we are organised but is all so predictable. Over the last five games no one below 3rd place has gained more than six points so maybe that is who we have to conquer/compete with a couple of good results a must. Thought your good footballers did turn up today so a play off "disaster" could be heading your way again?( You were far better than Brechin over the whole season till that final)- we are in the bottom end I fear.

As far as I could see, we just went through the motions. Had a decent spell in the first half but when Alloa scored the writing was on the wall. Despite having a few half chances in the second half we never looked like scoring. We made substitutions just for the sake of making substitutions. Furtado is a winger - not a centre forward, McDonald cannot defend and Hastie is just not a footballer! Alloa done enough to win the game and that's it.

Missed the last few games, so it was nice to see a decent performance from Fleming - got to give the manager credit for changing things up, and for bringing in PeeJay. Still quite a few slapstick moments at the back, but a big improvement nonetheless. And that really was a lovely rainbow.

Special mention to Wasps1 for making a remarkable c**t of the minute's silence, yapping away after the ref had blown his whistle for it to start, then leaving his shitty music playing in the background for the entire duration.

20 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Missed the last few games, so it was nice to see a decent performance from Fleming - got to give the manager credit for changing things up, and for bringing in PeeJay. Still quite a few slapstick moments at the back, but a big improvement nonetheless. And that really was a lovely rainbow.

Special mention to Wasps1 for making a remarkable c**t of the minute's silence, yapping away after the ref had blown his whistle for it to start, then leaving his shitty music playing in the background for the entire duration.

Wasps 1 , tries to live life on the edge and falls off , pretending it didnt happen , why does he have to wait until the last second to cut the music/shite ? not impressed you fud !

stop it now , also getting sick of the "A Team  theme when we score .enough is enough , got the t shirt wore it out , wore it again trying to impress . failed again !

Archived