Alloa v Airdrie 4th Nov

14 minutes ago, EJF said:

As an aside, the pie stall in the home end is one of the best I have seen. What a selection for a small team. Liked the Wasp tripler - sausage, black pudding and egg I think? The wee bar is superb too, although could do well if advertised to away fans. Strikes me as a really well ran wee club.

Noticed a lot of trackside boards not been renewed this season though ?

Tell me you didnt have the tripler too?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, touchedbymadness said:

Tell me you didnt have the tripler too?

A pie when I went in from the home stall, then 3 burgers from the away end snackvan :(

Nothing to eat all day then was playing in the morning with the Swally.

They were only wee burgers....

1 hour ago, EJF said:

As an aside, the pie stall in the home end is one of the best I have seen. What a selection for a small team. Liked the Wasp tripler - sausage, black pudding and egg I think? The wee bar is superb too, although could do well if advertised to away fans. Strikes me as a really well ran wee club.

Noticed a lot of trackside boards not been renewed this season though ?

The bar you were in is usually home fans only, but as you saw yesterday no biggie if a couple of away fans jump in.

I was really pleased with how we played yesterday. Airdrie had the better of the chances in the earlier stages, but after the goal never looked back. Second half we were really comfortable at the back. Airdries only real clear cut opening came as a result of a single error by Andy Graham, and big Parry was on hand when we needed him.

Midfield was excellent as a unit, and agree that Hetherington really got a foothold and bossed it. Fleming solid, with some good passages of play from Cawley and Flannigan. 

Couple of folk up in the stand giving Crossan a hard time for over playing it at times, but perfectly normal for a young lad full of confidence trying to make an impression. He had a great run and shot in the second half, and the determination not to give up on a seeming lost cause won us the penalty at the end. Another good outing from him.

Good to see Malcolm getting the goal- starting to gain momentum after a disruptive start to his time at Alloa for a number of reasons. He's getting better service now too and looks far more of a danger in the box.Renton also came on and made an impression.

Full backs also a danger going forward. More so Robbo who looks like he's really enjoying it at RB. But Crane also had his moments, in particular a good wee drop of the shoulder in the 2nd half.

Andy Graham took the penalty to go for a club record. Looked a reasonably good save, but occurred so late that it was fairly inconsequential. Overall, should have got that killer second but always looked like winning the game. A few good wins now to completely transform our league position. Another one next week would leave us sitting very nicely before the break for Scottish Cup.

As a wee aside, went to buy my daughter an Alloa top at half time, disappointing that an adult price of 35 quid applies (she's 7)

2 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

As a wee aside, went to buy my daughter an Alloa top at half time, disappointing that an adult price of 35 quid applies (she's 7)

That is a bit shite. You could probably make half a dozen weans' tops out of my size XXXXXL. At the risk of sounding BEASTly, it seemed like she enjoyed herself anyway. Always good to hear the kids cheering the team on.

What record was Andy going for?

2 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

That is a bit shite. You could probably make half a dozen weans' tops out of my size XXXXXL. At the risk of sounding BEASTly, it seemed like she enjoyed herself anyway. Always good to hear the kids cheering the team on.

What record was Andy going for?

Cheers. She seems to be enjoying it, which is great.

Think it's just a personal record rather than club- first time he would have scored in 3 straight games.

40 minutes ago, Redwedge77 said:

Andy Graham took the penalty to go for a club record.

454a974803fdc9f3ad90853b4b7e50bb.jpg

Must have missed the second mention so here it is...

On 05/11/2017 at 14:32, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Cheers. She seems to be enjoying it, which is great.

Think it's just a personal record rather than club- first time he would have scored in 3 straight games.

45 minutes ago, Wasperoonie said:

Can any Airdrie fan furnish me with a few bullet points of what is going on at your club since you lost playoffs to us and said cheerybye to Wilson please? I've tried to follow things on and off pitch but it's hard to follow....cheers.

We've no fkn idea.

Raith fans have a better idea.   The same gangsters who ruined them are firmly entrenched behind our scenes.   

Archived