Guilty until proven innocent.

31 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Being crap at sex is the same as being raped? 

Who said that? No the narrative that is being pushed by some in the US, is that if after the fact you have a regret or otherwise feel you made a mistake, then you should be able to retroactively withdraw consent for that particular encounter. Admittedly what i tried to use as an example was perhaps not the best explained or a good example, but its a narrative that's been going around universities and colleges in the US for well over a year now.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, basically a person named Laura Kipnis thinks consent is being withdrawn ex post facto by a person or people and a BDSM blogger thinks consent should be able to be withdrawn ex post facto. This is indeed incredibly worrying.

Rest assured anyone who accuses another person of having non-consensual sex with them will be vigorously questioned in graphic detail about what took place to determine whether the other person is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. If the accuser says under cross-examination 'I initially did consent to sex with the accused but decided after reading a very obscure BDSM blog  and an essay by an American academic criticizing those who withdraw consent I decided I didn't actually consent' the case is unlikely to be successful.

1 minute ago, The OP said:

So, basically a person named Laura Kipnis thinks consent is being withdrawn ex post facto by a person or people and a BDSM blogger thinks consent should be able to be withdrawn ex post facto. This is indeed incredibly worrying.

Rest assured anyone who accuses another person of having non-consensual sex with them will be vigorously questioned in graphic detail about what took place to determine whether the other person is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. If the accuser says under cross-examination 'I initially did consent to sex with the accused but decided after reading a very obscure BDSM blog  and an essay by an American academic criticizing those who withdraw consent I decided I didn't actually consent' the case is unlikely to be successful.

She wrote a book discussing an example of this that had happened at the campus she worked on aye. 

Sarcasm aside, i simply said that there are people out there who believe that you should be able to retroactively withdraw consent and i think that is a ridiculous idea.

7 hours ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

You also have people trying to push narratives that change what consent means. Namely if after the fact you regret sleeping with someone, you can withdraw the consent you gave at the time and claim you were raped

What?

5 hours ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

She wrote a book discussing an example of this that had happened at the campus she worked on aye. 

Sarcasm aside, i simply said that there are people out there who believe that you should be able to retroactively withdraw consent and i think that is a ridiculous idea.

My go-to assumption is that posters who start citing miscellaneous examples of US college student behaviour in relation to feminist and consent-based issues also frequent some very misogynistic and quite rapey forums. It would help if these people could be barred from ever being on a jury.

There are a lot of ridiculous ideas out there on the internet. 

7 hours ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

You also have people trying to push narratives that change what consent means. Namely if after the fact you regret sleeping with someone, you can withdraw the consent you gave at the time and claim you were raped. Now everyone out there has at least one person in their life that they regret having sex with, hell i know i do and i'm pretty sure she does aswell if she even remembers me or my disappointing performance. But i can't turn round and go "consent withdrawn, you assaulted me with your disgustingly fat tits" and accuse her of assault (although, i would like to accuse her of visual assault because she really was hideous)

:lol:

You've clearly been reading too many of Banana's posts. Which only reminds me how thankful I am to have the tedious c**t on ignore. Fucking hell. 

8 hours ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

You also have people trying to push narratives that change what consent means. Namely if after the fact you regret sleeping with someone, you can withdraw the consent you gave at the time and claim you were raped. Now everyone out there has at least one person in their life that they regret having sex with, hell i know i do and i'm pretty sure she does aswell if she even remembers me or my disappointing performance. But i can't turn round and go "consent withdrawn, you assaulted me with your disgustingly fat tits" and accuse her of assault (although, i would like to accuse her of visual assault because she really was hideous)

The mask slips.

It's impossible to say the number of false allegations for any given crime but the percentage of false allegations of rape is probably less than 10%. On the other hand I'd imagine rape more than most other crimes would have a higher attrition rate due to insufficient evidence, victims being unwilling to pursue the matter and not being believed. 

There seems to be a common myth that false reporting of rape is more common than it is. Probably part of the reason something wasn't done about Harvey Weinstein sooner. 

Archived